Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job title: UNIX/Linux Administrator
Location: Marlboro, MA
Duration: 6+ months
To provide day-to-day UNIX/Linux systems administration support such as daily-checks on server status, ensuring OS backups, responding to server problems/storage additions, performance problems etc.,
Attend project meetings to understand the UNIX/Linux Infrastructure requirements; design and deliver as requested
• Provides medium to high complexity Infrastructure support activities including off-shift support.
• Completes Infrastructure Engineering and Administration maintenance tasks and analyzes process for improvement.
• Performs medium to high complexity Infrastructure changes and implementations.
• Analyzes potential changes and enhancements to system software and databases to determine impact on existing production systems, system design standards and operating procedures.
• Works as a member of a project team on Business projects. May lead teams on smaller projects.
• Provides direction and guidance to junior associates.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Requires in-depth knowledge of Infrastructure Hardware and Software Technologies and best practices
• Proficient in configuring highly-secure UNIX/Linux systems.
• Expertise in Linux OS installs, patching and troubleshooting skills
• Deeper understanding of Linux technologies and tools is a must (RedHat Satellite server, RHN, Storix backup etc.,)
• Must have UNIX/Linux virtualization experience (VMWare) with in-depth understanding of server hardware.
• Experience with IBM AIX and IBM PowerVM technologies such as Shared Ethernet, NPIV, Dual VIOS, Shared Storage Pool, Live Partition Mobility etc., is a big plus
• Experience with Oracle Exadata/Exalogic/Exalytics platform and OVM (Oracle VM) is a big plus
• UNIX security, Sarbanes-Oxley and Audit Compliance experience required.
• Expertise in Shell programming is a must for this position to automate day to day System Administration tasks as well as to maintain the existing scripts
• Experience with Automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet are required to automated daily repeatable tasks
• A good understanding of Container technology and experience with Docker, OpenShift is a big plus
• Must have good experience on UNIX/Linux networking, routing technology.
• Basic understanding of firewall
• Experience with server Disaster Recovery procedures and practices using storage replication and backups
• Prior experience of leading infrastructure projects and overall Project Management abilities are preferred
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and be able to adapt to changing business needs. Strong follow up skills and problem solving ability is a must.
• Must have strong analytical and interpersonal skills, as well as outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• The following technical skills are a plus: DB2, Oracle DB, WebSphere, Apache, LDAP, EMC Disk/Storage Management, IBM PowerHA, MQSeries, Tivoli Monitoring
• Strong knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
• Advanced in incident and change management principles and best practices
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 5-7 years of experience installing and building Infrastructure and providing operational support within UNIX/Linux area using the latest technology.
Apply by creating/using an account