Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Technical Support/ Desktop Support
Duration: 6+ Months Contract (Possible Extensions)
Location: Fresno, CA- 93727
Please Note: They need to be flexible as possible due to the business needs. They may have to cover weekends. Work 2nd shifts, and/ or when current Techs are on PTO or call in sick. Initially the candidate will be on days for training then would quickly be shifted to possible 2nd shift. The 2nd shift hours may vary Sun- Sat starting early as 3:30pm. The total week hours will not exceed 40hrs.
Description/Comment: IT Administrator I works in a Distribution/Fulfillment Center environment. This role monitors and controls computing systems and associated peripheral devices to ensure continuous and effective operation; determines equipment setup and procedures for running such equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides second- and third-level technical support to internal customers' workstations, peripherals, and associated systems.
• Able to ensure continuous operations by implementing creative and standard solutions; serves as a resource to junior technicians.
• Viewed as a technical resource and/or subject area expert in their field by peers within IT.
• Understands business partner/customer group's business objectives and how their work can help the business realize its objectives or, in the event of problems, adversely affect their productivity.
• Can organize, assemble and lead teams of like technicians.
• Resolves reported problems related to hardware, operating systems, applications, security/software updates, materials handling systems, and configuration issues.
• Communicates technical information to technical and non-technical end users.
• Possesses technical knowledge and understanding of end-user systems to work on complex projects and participate on technical project teams.
• Works with other IT team members to identify and resolve operational problems.
• Supports the planning and installation of new end-user systems and upgrades.
• Able to create or modify procedures to solve complex or abstract problems for which no existing policies or processes exist.
• Ensures practices and policies for technology areas are revised as needed.
• Discusses and presents information and issues internally within IT and business staffs.
• Able to interface with all levels of IT management in business terms.
• Provides end-user technical guidance across other functions and to customer groups.
• Ensure effective communications—up, down and across the business.
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: Interacts with all levels of the leadership team, business partners,
1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly and analyze problems effectively.
• Must possess the ability to multi-task and react quickly and professionally in high stress situations.
• Willingness to work flexible shifts
• Operating Systems troubleshooting: OS X, Linux, Microsoft Windows XP, 7, 2000, and NT Operating Systems.
• Application troubleshooting skills.
• Hardware troubleshooting skills: PC, MAC, Symbol Mobile Devices, Thermal label printers, Client / Dell / Ricoh / Client laser printers, Cisco IP Networks, and Wireless.
• Excellent analytical, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
2) Minimum experience:
• 5+ years of proven experience in a role providing Technical Support in an Enterprise environment.
• CompTIA A+, or equivalent certification or experience.
• CompTIA Network+, or equivalent certification or experience.
• Microsoft Certified Professional, or equivalent certification or experience.
Additional Job Details: They need to be flexible as possible due to the business needs. They may have to cover weekends. Work 2nd shifts, and/ or when current Techs are on PTO or call in sick. Initially the candidate will be on days for training then would quickly be shifted to possible 2nd shift. The 2nd shift hours may vary Sun- Sat starting early as 3:30pm. The total week hours will not exceed 40hrs.
Apply by creating/using account