Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title:Team Leader Packaging
Duration: 4 Month
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ
Job ID: TMO-REQ-005602
Dry Pack Team LeadKey Duties and Responsibilities:•
Supervise within the strategic priorities of Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
• Follow optimized sequence, setup, layout, and job execution to produce a quality product efficiently.
• Track worker performance by performing regular floor walks and responding to problems immediately.
• Record and reviewdaily metrics within the Daily Management Tier System.
• Ensure proper initial and cross training is performed to a satisfactory standard and ensure proper cross training to avoid capacity delays.
• Identify additional training needs and requirements and execute all necessary training requirements for staff and self.
• Manage the vacation schedules of all employees on shift and manage resources to align.
• Enforce all contractual standards and ensure proper adherence to include discipline when applicable.
• Support and when necessary provide guidance to Value Stream support staff to include engineering, label, quality, and supply chain functions.
• Ensure proper execution of 5S program to include daily standard work completion, completion of daily audits, reporting of daily audits, and corrective action implementation to correct deficiencies. Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and a high level of safety awareness among associates. Maintains excellent housekeeping practices through 5S implementation with appropriate audits.
• Follow up on the training and provide guidance necessary to enable the employees to improve their own abilities and skill levels.
• Document standard work/SOPs and provide continuous feedback to team members to assure all are adhering to procedures and striving for continuous improvement and alignment with the objectives.
• Provide guidance, direction and leadership for the areas of supervision to ensure that products are manufactured with the highest level of quality in a safe and timely manner that will meet or exceed our customer's expectation.
• Ensure all manufacturing orders are followed through to a completed status with accuracy and variance review as it pertains to their department and in accordance with all engineering specifications.
• Demonstrate strong business acumen, organizational and analytical skills. Must have baseline working knowledge of other business functions (Materials, Financial, Sales, Engineering and Human Resources) in addition to Manufacturing and Quality.
• Effective employee management skills including dealing with difficult employee situations and providing constructive feedback. Ability to coach, counsel and encourage subordinates.
• Manage shift-to-shift communications.
• Responsible to assist in leading efforts to drive process continuous improvement as it relates to targeted metrics and lean manufacturing.
• Monitor and ensure compliance with ISO/GMP/FDA requirements.
Apply by creating/using account