Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
6 month remote
Migration BA - previous experience as a migration or requirements analyst (or junior PM) dealing with application migrations is preferred.
100% REMOTE FROM HOME CONTRACT WORK
Looking for 2+ years experience. This is NOT an application development BA role. Project is associated with the transformation/migration of applications into the clients next-generation infrastructure/data center environment as a part of pending work to consolidate and exit non-strategic Data Centers. BA will plan, document and execute migration of applications through requirements gathering, documentation, data cleansing/validation and testing activities. Acts as change management steward for the work team to which they are assigned. Support PM and MA (migration architect) throughout the application migration lifecycle. Must be comfortable working virtually and coordinating meetings and resulting completion of action items with geographically dispersed team members.
Contract to Hire - Remote (May sit anywhere in the US)
TOP 4 Skills:
1) Requirements gathering
2) Understanding of SDLC
3) MS Office 365, Visio, SQL
4) Skype or other similar teleconferencing-type meeting experience
Job Description: Opportunity to join FIS Data Center Consolidation Program Team as a migration analyst supporting application migration transformations required to exit non-strategic Data Center locations in favor of moving to FIS next-generation hybrid cloud environment.
Business industry professionals who elicit, analyze, communicate and validate business/user requirements for processes, policies and information systems. Translate these business needs/end-user requirements into functional specifications that describe what the system, process or product/service must do to fulfill the end-user/business requirements.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
• Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results.
• Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
• Influences business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
• Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc.
• Identifies and documents business strategies, objectives and drivers.
• Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics, and identifies improvement opportunities.
• Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/ROI.
• Re-engineers processes to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
• Identifies/documents how applications and systems interact to support business processes.
• Assesses, applies and projects the impact of system changes on users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
• Uses knowledge of systems and industry requirements to develop or modify complex information systems.
• Writes test plans and test cases to ensure changes which are made to the application meet client needs and that application integrity is maintained.
• Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness, and acceptance tests. Ensures that the changes made by programmers are correct. Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met. Verifies through testing that changes made by programmers to one part of the application do not impact other parts. Reports and reviews testing results.
• Trains internal employees or external clients on changes, new systems or new procedures. Conducts one-on-one or classroom training depending upon the size or desire of the audience.
• May mentor, guide, advise and or check the work of less experienced Business Systems Analysts.
• Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Apply by creating/using an account