Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Sr. DevOps/Automation Engineer
Duration: 12+ Months Contract (Possible Extensions)
Location: San Francisco, CA (94105)
Note: W2 Candidates Only
Description/Comment: Sr. Cloud DevOps Engineer
1 – Sr Engineer level
2- Architect level but still need to be HANDS-ON
We are the engine behind our mission to be the world's favorite for American style. Our technologists are driving retail technology innovation, e-commerce for all brands and delivering global, scalable, cloud-based platform solutions, using continuous integration and open source technology. Reimagining retail has never been more fun!
The Cloud Enablement services under cloud engineering is driving an exciting transformation of the way software is developed and deployed globally, using principles of Cloud-Native, DevOps and Continuous Delivery.
The Cloud DevOps Engineer will be responsible for building next generation Cloud Engineering platform capabilities to enable application team on their journey to cloud migration and cloud native modernization
• Implement Cloud platform solutions for Application development teams, including:
o Cloud Provisioning's and Automation
o Application Runtime
o App Config Management
o CI + CD Pipelines
• Develop requirements into Cloud management and enablement tooling
• Work in a collaborative cross-organizational environment - including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
• Collaborate with Cloud Enablement Architects and project management on Cloud deployments, estimate and plan work and escalate/resolve cloud deployment roadblocks.
• Assist distributed customer dev teams to help them leverage Cloud platform capabilities
• Create Cloud resources (IaaS) & services (PaaS) pipeline for automated application deployment.
• Develop Self Service Cloud management service catalog modules catering to application team's Cloud enablement needs.
• Develop and enhance Cloud tenant onboarding process and automation.
• BA/BS Degree in CS or related field + 5 years of experience
• 4+ years in the design and implementation of platform and devops tooling, including
o Public Cloud Services or (IaaS and/or PaaS)
o Pipeline and Deployment automation (Jenkins)
o Application Configuration (Vault, Consul, Zookeeper)
o Container technologies (Kubernetes, Docker)
o REST APIs
o Retail technology experience preferred
• 3+ years working in an Enterprise Linux environment
• 2+ years working in configuration management desirable (Chef)
• Demonstrable solid understanding of DevOps and Continuous Delivery and agile methodologies.
• Understanding of Monitoring, logging and the development of application, infrastructure and security monitoring tools
• Public Cloud experience (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS) on any major cloud providers (Microsoft Azure/AWS/GCP etc.)
• Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) and Infrastructure as Code toolsets (Terraform, ARM templates or similar) experience.
• Solid Database understanding such as MS-SQL, No-SQL (MongoDB, MariaDB, HBase) and Postgres etc
• Experience with some application languages such as Java, Python, Ruby, etc.
• Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, fast paced environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with users, management, technical and non-technical teams
• Large Scale Application stack Lift & Shift to public cloud is a big plus.
Additional Job Details:
Describe the Project / Product they will be working on?
New openings, cloud enablement service (CES) team is expanding, we're responsible of the migration to cloud for all our products across the board.
Size of the Team: now 9 members (cloud engineers, system engineers), will be bigger
Must have: Cloud automation, Terranfone, Chef, Devops, Agile, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS, highly Azure preferred.
Top 3-5 Soft Skills: good communication and can represent the CES team to work with different product teams.
Years of experience: Yrs#: preferred 5-6 yrs total exp, ideally 3 yrs in Devops, 2 yrs in cloud, actual hands-on exp counts but not the number.
Apply by creating/using an account