Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
NON-EXEMPT - CUSTOMER SERVICE COORDINATOR III
Scope of Position:
This individual will act as the first line of contact on the 800# phone line working directly with North American customers and a wide spectrum of Corning Life Sciences employees including, Sales Team, Accounting/Credit, New Accounts, Complaints, Pricing, Quality Control, Product Managers, Manufacturing, Warehouse/Distribution Center, Marketing and Scientific Support. This individual will attend to all questions and inquiries in a highly professional manner to effectively convey information internally and externally while assuring that our goal of world class customer service is met. They will perform the full scope of customer service tasks; problem solving, trouble shooting, negotiating and foster excellent relationships with customers and co-workers. They are expected to have a full understanding of department and company procedures and policies. They will promote Corning Life Sciences image in a positive manner and lead by example.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Handle incoming 800# phone line (50-80 calls per day) in a timely and professional manner.
• Interact on a daily basis with several other functions of the company and use multiple systems to ensure accurate information.
• Provide ? 40,000 customers with product, price and availability information and assist with requests for certificates, proof of deliveries, order status, lot allocations, as well as coordinate resolution of specific problems.
• Accurately enter and review orders to ensure proper customer information, product, price, quantity, payment terms and delivery information. Proactively initiate corrective actions to handle customer accommodations independently by using good judgment in routine cases.
• Review order and delivery status with customers by sending confirmations / backorder reports as required by account. Process all order changes, including order cancellations.
• Negotiate expedited deliveries with production planning schedulers and warehouses; independently determines appropriate method of shipment.
• Providing alternative products as necessary.
• Answer product and technical inquiries related to approximately 19,000+ product codes with the help of the online catalog and Scientific Support.
• Assist with complaints processed by the Complaint team.
• Organize and file purchase order copies/necessary documents in SharePoint for future reference.
• Maintain and update dealer/customer profiles and confirm that the PeopleSoft notes, payment terms, carrier, and freight terms match the profile.
• Follow up with New Accounts team on necessary account set up changes.
• Responsible for ensuring 100% follow-up to customers internally and externally.
• Attend Product/Technical training as scheduled.
Travel Requirements: Minimal
Hours of work: Monday through Friday, 8 hours/day between the hours of 8:00am and 6:00pm
• Bachelor's Degree required. Prefer degree in Life Science field.
Recent College Graduates without experience would be considered
• 1-2 years of customer service and/or data entry experience or 2-4 years of call center experience required.
• Ability to handle high call volume in a fast-pace environment and stay calm in face of adversity.
• Excellent professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational, analytical and processing skills including ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, E-mail, Web. (PeopleSoft preferred.)
• Customer focused and detail oriented and effective problem solver.
• Independent worker who is able to troubleshoot and find appropriate resources for timely resolution.
• Ability to meet or exceed MBOs.
• Recognize areas for improvement and implement change.
• On time attendance.
• Experience in the Life Science industry or related field.
• Experience with PeopleSoft Order Management or a comparable system.
• Call center experience.
• Ability to work independently in a team environment.
• Positive, enthusiastic and high energy.
• Dependable, committed, reliable and high work ethic.
• Ability to foster excellent relationships.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Apply by creating/using an account