Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Description/Comment:Sr. SharePoint Online Engineer
The Sr. SharePoint Online Engineer is a key individual contributor role. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience as a SharePoint engineer, focused primarily on SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business. This role is focused almost exclusively on the platform and engineering side of SharePoint and OneDrive, including engineering, configuration and technical governance, security, maintenance and operational excellence, performance optimization, authentication, PowerShell, and 2nd/3rd level troubleshooting. While the role does not involve SharePoint development, the ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of SharePoint development principles, the SharePoint app model, and will be a PowerShell rock star. S/He will also have a successful history as a hands-on technical lead for SharePoint projects in a complex and fast-paced environment. Engineers on the Collaboration Technologies team wear multiple hats and are expected to work across our entire technology stack. While this role will focus on Office 365/SharePoint Online/OneDrive for Business, the ideal candidate will have a strong interest in learning new technologies, and will draw on a strong engineering foundation to be able to deliver enterprise solutions for our team, regardless of technology.
• Top priority for this resource will be to serve as technical lead for large content migration project, including evaluation of migration tools, translating business to technical requirements, designing migration plan, effectively communicating with project team, executing migrations, troubleshooting and remediating technical issues, partnering with other internal engineering teams, and authoring support documentation.
• Think differently! In addition to being a rock star SharePoint Online Engineer, you will need to think about business impact and customer experience every day. While you will be responsible for the standard engineering scope, you will also strive to ensure that our employees have great experiences with our technologies.
• Troubleshoot escalated issues with Office 365, including SharePoint Online, OneDrive and sync clients, Microsoft Teams, authentication, Office Web Apps, and other O365 workstreams.
• Open, manage, and resolve support incidents with Microsoft and/or other collaboration technology vendors.
• Assist with operations of SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, and Teams/Skype for Business through both the admin interface and PowerShell, possessing the ability to write complex PowerShell scripts for both management and automation
• Partner closely with Customer Success teams to move fast and innovate our delivery of collaboration technologies for our customers. In addition, partner closely with other internal teams (Information Security, Network, Legal, Workstation Engineering) to deliver
• Work with team to design integrations with other corporate applications and tools
• Provide engineering support for other cloud based collaboration technologies (Box, G Suite, etc)
Additional Job Details:Qualifications • 5+ years' experience as a SharePoint Online engineer, including strong experience with Office 365, focused on SharePoint Online & OneDrive • Experience in a technical lead capacity with content migrations from other cloud solutions to SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business • Solid understanding of enterprise corporate environment extending beyond application platform to network, OS, client OS, browsers, DNS, WAN optimization, encryption, authentication, etc • Experience and understanding of 3rd party tools related to SharePoint and Office 365 is a plus (AvePoint, Metalogix, Sharegate, etc) • Strong conceptual and analytic thinking skills with the ability to independently drive timely resolution of complex issues • Experience in evaluating business requirements and turning them in to technical designs • Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with a broad group of business and technical stakeholders • Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science or Engineering discipline • Strong work ethic, a great sense of humor, high judgement, technically curious, customer service focused, and enjoys working with a team of equally talented individuals
Apply by creating/using account