Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title-Technician (Glass melting or forming)
Duration-4-6 Months contract (Possibility of extension)
Non-Exempt - Multi-Disciplined Technician I
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 12 hour shift, Seven day rotation. Seven days on, seven days off (Could be modified if business conditions required it)
This position is part of Corning's Research Melting Operations group in the Sullivan Park facility. The primary focus of the operation is in developing processes and executing experiments with Client glasses and process tools. This opening is for a technician to conduct the daily operations of glass melting and forming equipment in the group, and to assist with the interface with the bottom-of-draw operations.
• Uses the principles and theories of science, engineering, and mathematics to provide technical support to engineers involved in materials research and development for glass melting and forming processes.
• Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations.
• Normally receives no instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Monitor and make changes to the melting/forming processes
• Execution of experiment plans from customers
• Troubleshooting of process equipment
• Communication of events and process moves at daily meetings
Education and Experience:
• AS or AAS Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical or Equivalent -Candidates without a degree but WITH 3 PLUS YEARS OF SOLID EXPERIENCE IN GLASS MELTING OR FORMING EXPERIENCE will be considered.
• 3+ years in manufacturing or engineering field
• Glass melting or forming experience - THIS IS A PLUS+++
• Process Control / Process Discipline
• 5S knowledge
• Documentation control and writing.
• Good knowledge of the job. Substantial acquaintance with the general aspects of the job and limited understanding of the technical phases of the job.
• Extrapolates from standard procedures as needed.
• Can understand and implement detailed instructions given for new lines of work or special assignments.
• Trains new personnel as to established procedures
• Uses discretion to direct workflow in accordance with general supervisory guidance.
Manager Must Haves
• Technical background
• Problem solving skills
• Attention to detail in a fast paced environment
• Rigorous in adhering to work instructions and methods
• Safety conscience and leads by example; Volunteers and contributes to the Safety Program
• Implements standard procedures and proposes modifications to improve work flow.
• Obtains supervisory input to resolve new types of problems
• Gathers information independently using established and well-defined procedures.
• Maintains and ensures confidentiality of materials
• Takes initiative to identify and propose remedies to problems to increase efficient work flow
Apply by creating/using account