Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Data Analyst
Location: Foster City CA
Duration: 4 Months plus extensions
Must have skills
5-8 years professional (not only academic) experience with Data Analysis in SAS or SQL or Hadoop (Hadoop or SQL is preference). / Degree in statistics / experience performing various analysis such as (customer segmentation, regression analysis, time series, CRM modeling, attrition modeling) **candidates should not have any recent gaps in employment**
Nice to have skills
Good communication skills / Masters is preferred
Are you skilled at turning hard numbers into compelling stories and useful strategic insights? Do you solve complex data challenges with creative flair? Put those skills to work answering strategic questions for one of the worlds most respected and innovative payments companies.
The Analytics and Data Products (ADP) group works with internal business teams, our key Visa issuing banks, and merchant clients to drive value from Visa's unique global data assets. Our analysts are critical members of the team that supports Visa's Global Solution organization, reporting to a Senior Director within ADP.
In this role, you will be responsible for helping to blueprint and deliver analytic projects that solve clients' business objectives. You will get chance to leverage your business acumen and technical knowledge of big data and data mining techniques. Based on findings from data-driven analysis, you will draw fact-based insights and make actionable recommendations that reflect the client's business and context. This function is critical in building market-relevant client solutions and intellectual property for Visa.
• Work with manager and clients to fully understand business requirements and desired business outcomes
• Assist in scoping and designing analytic projects and solutions. Contribute to brainstorming sessions.
• Execute analytic projects ranging from small to large either individually or as part of a project team
• Research industry metrics and business context and bring this context to bear in analyses
• Extract actionable business insights from the data and build deliverables that clearly communicate the findings and recommendations
• Ensure project delivery within timelines and budget requirements
• Perform other tasks on R&D, data governance, system infrastructure, analytics tool evaluation, and other cross team functions, on an as-needed basis
• Find opportunities to create and automate repeatable analyses or build self-service tools for business users
• Perform other tasks on an as-needed basis
We are seeking team members that are passionate, visionary and insatiably inquisitive. We seek team members whose excellence inspires others and raises the profile of our entire team.
Business skills and general qualities:
• Good business acumen to orient data analysis to business needs of clients
• Strategic thinker
• Articulate communicator able to translate data and technical concepts for a business audience
• Project management skills
• Demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, strong attention to detail Team oriented, energetic, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style
• Intellectually curious and continuously striving to learn
• Extensive experience with SQL for extracting and aggregating data
• Real world experience using Hadoop and the related query engines (Hive / Impala) is a plus.
• Some proficiency with SAS as a statistical package is also highly desirable
• Familiarity or experience with data mining and statistical modeling (e.g., regression modeling, clustering techniques, decision trees, etc.) is very helpful
• High level of competence in Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools like Tableau, Microstrategy, or other programs
• Experience programming in Python and Spark is a plus
• Minimum of 5 years of recent experience (with no gaps) applying statistical solutions to business problems in relevant fields such as analytics, business consulting, KPI management or other data-driven functions
• Experience in global solutions and/or data spanning multiple countries highly desired
• Bachelor's degree in quantitative field such as Statistics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, etc.
• Post graduate degree or MBA with strong technical experiences strongly preferred
• Analytics experience in credit cards, financial services, or merchant analytics (such as retail, hotels or airlines) is helpful
• Experience in setting business goals/KPI's and tracking business performance is preferred
Apply by creating/using an account