Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Here are the job details:
Title: Sr. ETL/Informatica Consultant /Data Engineer
Location: Springfield, MA
Duration: 7-12 Months contract
Design and coordinate with developers a technical solution to support the migration of operational processes from one group to another.
- Evaluate and modify processes to utilize an existing Excel template and distribute amongst the operational resources, including version control, file management, and recovery.
- Accountable for documentation of the technical design and non-functional requirements.
- Review and provide input to the business functional and non-functional requirements for sufficiency to determine technical requirements.
- Contribute to the development of non-functional requirement and architectural artifacts.
- Accountable for the quality and thoroughness of the information contained in the design document.
- Review and provide input to design duration and completion dates along with task dependencies.
- Establish and approve best practices and standards with respect to design and development.
- Participate / lead complex project design teams.
- Perform impact analysis on various proposed technical solutions.
- Design and document the right technical solution to meet requirements.
- Understand the Project Architecture and translate into efficient designs that are scalable, maintainable, and re-usable, ensuring that designs are aligned with business and technical strategy.
- Understand relevant LOB/SBU Reference/Domain Architectures.
- Contribute to and review estimates for development efforts.
- Participate in / lead (level dependent) peer design reviews.
- Drive performance and capacity planning (including instrumentation).
- Clarify and resolve design related issues with developers.
- Contribute to and review test strategy and test plans.
- Review and provide input to the project plan during architecture & design phase.
- Review and quality oversight of migration packages and procedures (prepared by developers).
- Contribute to the design/configuration of interface monitoring and exception notification processes.
- Transition operational schedules and other related support information for inclusion in the production support playbooks (MIDOT, MMIT Operations, Eagle, etc.).
- Participate in and sign-off on requirements and design review gates.
- Raise program / project issues to program / project managers transparently and effectively using recommended approaches.
- Highlight potential and actual design / development issues effectively.
- Investment industry experience preferred, including projects working with Investments systems and/or related data integrations and reporting.
- 8 or more years of experience with designing and implementing data transformation and data management solutions within Data Warehousing, ODS, SQL, ETL, and systems integration.
- Excel expertise required.
- Deep knowledge in Informatica, Microsoft .NET technology, SQL Server, Oracle
- Good understanding of BNY Mellon Eagle Investment Systems
- Knowledge and experience with batch job scheduling (TWS/Maestro), orchestration, secure file transfer (MFT), XML and XML concepts (schemas, XSD, XSLT), DB2/SQL/Oracle query and query writing practices preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with data governance and data management technologies and methodologies.
- Skilled leading and/or participating in system design and architectural activities including technical requirement writing experience and ability to lead collaboration for important design decisions.
- Knowledge of investment security master data and/or financial data preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated experience in solution design related to enterprise critical data (e.g. customer, financial, or policy related data).
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work in a team-based environment including employees, vendors, and third party contractors.
- Proven ability to provide technical leadership and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Strong understanding and adherence to IT SDLC and operational best practices.
- Visual Basic expertise a plus.
Excel, Visual Basic, ETL, Informatica, Data Migration
Apply by creating/using an account