Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Summary: The main function of a Employee Relations Specialist, utilizing the Employee Service Center (ESC) tracking system, reviews and assesses incoming cases. Responds in a timely fashion to managers and employees regarding inquiries, questions and complaints. Utilizes knowledge and experience in the area of employee relations and human resources to provide accurate information and ensure compliance with company HR policies, programs and procedures, in addition to local, state and federal employment regulations and requirements. Acts as an intermediary between employees and managers to increase communication and understanding when a problem exists. Conduct investigations and provide guidance to managers to ensure effective resolution of ER cases. Tracks and compiles logs. Identify trends and provide feedback on HR policy and programs to HR management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responds to Employee Service Center (ESC) Tier 2 Employee Relation calls/tickets in accordance with HR Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
• Provides guidance to management on employee relations matters, which may include development of appropriate performance management documentation, referral to resources, and guidance on policies. Work to resolve matters and escalate, as needed to senior level staff.
• Determines when Employee Relations cases require escalation and forward to appropriate HR Business Partner for investigation and resolution.
• Maintains accurate and up to date records in the case management system.
• Develops positive working relationships with managers and employees.
• May respond to written correspondence received directly or by Senior Management. Acknowledge receipt of inquiry in a timely fashion.
• Assist/train ESC Employee Relations Specialist I in addressing/resolving problem situations by proving guidance and coaching techniques for resolving employee relations cases.
• Proactively identify policy and procedure changes that improve the experience of customers’ interactions with the Employee Relations team or Employee Service Center.
• Provides feedback for developing new or updating existing company HR policies, programs and procedures.
• Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
• Assists with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Human Resource Management
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
• 2 – 5 years’ related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
• SHRM Certification (SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP) is desirable, but not required.
• Ability to apply fundamental HR laws, principles, practices, methods, and techniques for providing advisory services on management-employee relations support.
• Ability to handle confidential information.
• Experience in conflict resolution and problem intervention skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills, initiative, attention to detail and adaptability to change.
Apply by creating/using account