Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
THIS JOB IS TEMP TO PERM:
MUST HAVE: Experience with PILOTS and END USER, TROUBLESHOOTING.
Will be working with CUSTOMERS, Internal and External
Client Digital is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work on a number of exciting projects that will have a very positive impact on Client's business.
You will be responsible for programing a feature and or a small feature set. You will contribute to the team and works with direction from the Senior Team Members or management but works independently.
In this role you will:
• Act as a member of the Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high quality design and development practices
• Develop high performing, scaling and innovative end-to-end web applications
• Collaborate with system engineers, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Writes codes that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Build features such as web services and Queries on existing tables
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
• Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using language of choice
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in Software Development
• Client Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant work experience, commensurate to the program they have completed
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Lachine, QC, Canada
• Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.), using Apache Commons Suite & Maven, SQL Database such as Oracle MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
• Hands-on experience in utilizing Spring Framework (Core, MVC, Integration and Data)
Experience with Big Data (DataStax) / Hadoop and NoSQL Database is a big plus
• Experience with rules engines (Camel, Drools, JRules) & modern tooling (Gradle, Maven, Git, SVN)
• Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
• Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
• Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
• Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
• Demonstrate the ability to help team members
• Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present
• Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new
• Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
Apply by creating/using an account