Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read about this great opportunity. Currently looking to fill a contract assignment for Law Employment Attorney .Please see below for the relevant information regarding this job and if interested Please send me your updated resume in a word format.
Title-Law Employment Attorney
Location-Foster City CA
Provide legal support to the Human Resources team and other key stakeholders to enable the organization to operate within applicable legal and regulatory parameters.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY RESULTS AREA
This position will support the Human Resources team and other key stakeholders, will be located in Foster City, California. This position will be primarily responsible for providing advice on all areas of employment law, including policy development, training, and employee relations; implementing best practices for enhancing compliance with applicable law; and assisting with general legal matters related to Human Resources. This position requires a team player with excellent communication skills who can work in a fast-paced environment.
Must have skills
5-7 years of Employment Law experience. In house experience. Top Law school degree. Member of the CA BAR.
Nice to have skills
Large enterprise company, payments, financial, etc. Worked at a law firm of some size and transition to move in-house.
Employment Law boutique companies. OFCCP, pay equity experience.
Roles and responsibilities
Providing advise and counsel on employment law for clients - HR. Collaborative and team player.
Get an understanding of what Visa does and processes.
Understand situations and give practical advice.
• Advising on the full range of employment law issues, including hiring, performance management, discipline, terminations, wage and hour compliance, leaves of absences and accommodations, privacy, background screening, internal investigations, restrictive covenants, etc.;
• Drafting, reviewing, and developing Human Resources policies and procedures;
• Counseling Human Resources and management on handling employee relations matters;
• Assisting on execution and implementation of key Diversity & Inclusion initiatives;
• Investigating and preparing responses to administrative charges and other pre-litigation matters, and negotiating resolution of claims; and
• Conducting legal research and advising on policies, procedures and issues impacted by relevant legislation, such as FMLA, ADA, FLSA, OSHA, ERISA, state worker's compensation and EEO laws.
• Required Education: Juris Doctorate degree from a top rated law school.
• 7+ years' experience in a highly rated law firm and/or an international corporation; prior in-house experience preferred but not required.
• Candidate must have excellent judgment and superior oral/written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Candidate must be detail-oriented and able to work effectively and collegially on a small legal team with a significant workload.
• Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks effectively
Apply by creating/using account