Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Description: The Sr. Program Manager has overall accountability for complex combination product program(s) from concept through launch. The Sr. Program Manager is responsible to ensure the Core Team as well as the Extended Team is on track following the established and approved business plan. The Sr. Program Manager is responsible for presenting issues, recommendations and updates to the governance and executive teams. The Sr. Program manager has the required skills to form high performing teams that will result in the timely and high quality execution of the assigned program(s). The Sr. Program Manager assists in developing and executing strategies aligned with the product portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Cross Functional Management and Coordination
• Provide leadership to cross-functional teams by defining realistic goals, project execution barriers, and facilitation of timely decision-making.
• Manages the development of the project plan and commitment to the organization insuring the cross functional team is committed and accountable to deliver the program on time, within schedule, and within budget.
• Accountable leader insuring product documentation is compliant and lean. Drives efforts to improve efficiencies and reduce project timelines. Insures focus is on safety and efficacy of the product.
• Drives day-to-day Core Team activities to meet project milestones and keep functional teams on track to deliver to schedule.
• Ensures linkage between continuity of supply, strategy, and operational activities.
• Monitors team performance and proactively alerts team and management about deviations from plan. Develops dashboards that effectively communicate the status of the program and associated risks.
• Executes project logistics (e.g. meetings, action tracking, status updates, etc.)
• Leads and coaches team through obstacles and conflicts, insuring the team acts with integrity and respect while meeting commitments.
Project Schedule, Resource, Budget and Project Risk Management
• Consolidates functional inputs to develop, maintain, and align an accurate, integrated project schedule, resource plan, and budget.
• Facilitates the Core Team with project risk management activities (identification, assessment, mitigation, and management of business risks)
• Understands critical path activities and anticipates steps that may result in delays. Drives development of contingencies prior to occurrence of potential risk.
• Generates analyses of timeline, resource, and budget information that facilitate scenario planning, contingency planning, risk assessment and management, and decision-making.
• Monitors and manages team performance metrics (time, cost and quality milestones) relative to agreed upon project plan
• Identifies deviations from approved project plans and timelines and keeps the Core Team informed as to their nature and extent
• Escalation of project resource issues to management. Raise personnel issues, such as performance, directly with functional management.
Project Information/Communication Management
• Develops and executes communication plan to ensure effective and timely communication between the Core Team and functional management, senior management, and external partners. Update and communicate all needed issues as appropriate to facilitate rapid and cross functional decision-making.
• Represent the project team in stage gate review meetings with the Governance Committee, which will ultimately influence the Governance Committee decision to continue, stop or redirect the program. Program Manager is expected to report team progress, highlight risks, clarify issues, suggest recommendations, and present next stage business plan.
• Ensures central access to key project documents (e.g. IBP, project contract, presentations, risk assessment documents, Design History Files etc.)
• Organize and facilitate effective meetings. Identify and delegates action items, follow-up/track action items to resolution, updates project plans & deliverables, as required, identifies issues and ultimately resolves issues off-line (to ensure effective meetings at all levels).
• Prepares periodic management and progress reports.
• Develops and implements plans for use of collaborative team communication vehicles.
• Bachelors Degree in Sciences or Engineering, Masters Degree preferred
8 years of product development experience, including the following
• 8 years of program management experience developing physical devices, medical device development preferred.
• 6 years of program management experience accompanied by 6 additional years of experience as a member of a cross functional team developing physical devices, medical device development preferred.
• Demonstrated program leadership roles either as a technical lead or program manager.
• Demonstrated experience in all phases of product development from concept development to launch.
• Demonstrated fluency in Microsoft Project.
• Excellent communication skills. Ability to express technical and program issues in a succinct and clear manner.
• Demonstrated ability to manage external development suppliers.
• Demonstrated abilities in conflict resolution.
• Combination product experience.
• 5 years of medical device experience with the ability to explain the essential aspects of design controls with clear examples from one’s background.
• Experience in project financial planning and control.
• Program Management Profession certification
• Experience in developing products designed for manufacturability at high volumes.
• Mechanical engineering degree preferred.
Position Comments visible to MSP and Supplier:
Apply by creating/using account