Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Bid Analyst
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Duration: Through September to start and could be extended longer
The Bid Analyst is responsible for responding to RTL's bid opportunities in a timely and professional fashion in accordance with the Business Development Department's Standard Operating Procedures.
Primary duties include: research, review and respond to applicable bid and quote opportunities per standard protocol and within required timelines; coordinate with departments within RTL and SBU (Toxicology) to garner required information and approvals; perform pricing analyses and recommendations; maintain up-to-date bid resource files; negotiate contracts following bid awards and effectively transition to Sales; sustain and manage relationships with purchasing officials; and participate in special projects as assigned. Position requires occasional mandatory unscheduled overtime hours as necessary to meet deadlines.
The Bid Analyst's responsibilities include a unique blending of technical writing, project management, sales, and business analysis. As such, the role requires not only technical skill, but also versatility and the ability to thrive under pressure. The successful candidate will:
• Possess above average writing skills – you may be asked to provide professional writing samples for evaluation
• Be extremely detail oriented
• Be self-motivated and able to work independently
• Have an aptitude for multi-tasking, moving between projects and duties quickly and efficiently
• Be an effective communicator both verbally and written
• Be able to learn and absorb knowledge, which may include scientific terminology and concepts
• Be able to learn and navigate multiple database programs
• Be able to work under stress conditions and handle stressful situations efficiently and effectively
• Be capable of successfully meeting critical deadlines under stressful conditions
• Establish and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers, management and clients
• Be computer literate with above average proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
• Possess exceptional organizational skills
• Possess excellent time management skills
Experience Required to Perform the Job:
• Bid and/or contract administration experience desired.
• Experience in sales or client-facing position preferred.
• Technical or business writing experience preferred.
Education Required to Perform the Job:
2-4 years' experience in Sales, Sales Operations, and/or Contracts Administration experience is preferred. However, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform job duties may be considered. Prefer a degree because role is more like Project Management where you have assignments, due dates, and a lot of writing.
Professional communication- dealing with high level people, know how to interact with that caliber
Written responses to clients
Good critical thinking skills
Apply by creating/using account