Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
The People Operations HR Specialist provides quality customer service to employees and managers by handling inbound HR requests and ensuring the employee's needs are met in a timely manner. The ideal person exhibits patience, teamwork, motivation, and an upbeat attitude. This role will be primarily responsible for executing HR processes and will be a key member in supporting the core processes of employee data administration and separations. The HR Specialist will serve as the employee relations contact to assist employees and managers in resolving issues and grievances, providing appropriate coaching and development feedback where needed. Last, the HR Specialist should have a strong quantitative background and will be asked to provide rigorous data analysis and reporting solutions to HR partners in the NY office and beyond.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Partner with HRBP, Recruiting and People operations teams primarily in the NY office.
• Serve as primary HR contact to manage the day- to-day HR policies and programs
• Assess employee development needs and make recommendations for appropriate solutions.
• Integrate and partner with HR colleagues in the Learning & Development, Compensation, HRIS, and HR Programs teams to implement solutions.
• Work with the business on on-boarding and various manager development programs.
• Partner with the business on key HR programs such as the performance summary cycle and employee engagement survey.
• Maintain ongoing employee files in Document Management System.
• Provide detailed information in the Desk.com request tracking system to serve as a history of all requests for each employee.
• Input data into workday and oversee audits to verify data discrepancies between systems.
• Produce ad-hoc reports in workday and the recruiting tool as requested.
• Support reorganizations and other large-scale projects that require HR data reports and updates.
• Provide support with employment verifications and work authorization processes as needed.
• Handle inbound employee inquiries, identifying need, processing necessary transactions and escalating issues as required.
• Prepare separation packets and conduct exit interviews with departing employees.
• Provide first level functional support to employees needing assistance with Employee Self Service (ESS) and Manager Self Service (Client) for HR data related transactions.
• Take on projects as needed to support the HRBP and People Operations team.
3+ years experience as an HR Generalist in a technology, software, or Fortune 100 company with 2 years dealing in employee relations. Exceptional customer service skills and proven ability to perform in fast-paced environment. Ability to work independently and in a highly visible role Experience with data analytics and Excel is essential to this role. Experience should include a focus on manager coaching, performance management, employee relations and data analytics/reporting. Candidate must have demonstrated project management skills and ability to drive programs independently. Must have strong communication skills, including facilitation experience. Comfort with building relationships at all levels of the organization, strong interpersonal skills. Excellent understanding of the technology, social media, or Internet business preferred. Complete special projects by clarifying project objective, setting timetables and schedules, conducting research, and developing and organizing information. Manage client expectations by communicating project status and issues; resolving concerns. Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends. Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements Comfortable advising management on needed actions. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Must possess ability to handle sensitive matters with tact and diplomacy. Capable of exercising independent judgment and discretion while utilizing company policies and practices to determine appropriate action. Ability to interact with all levels of a professional organization. Ability to work independently and require little instruction on the day-to-day work. Experience with Workday or HRIS system is strongly preferred. Previous shared services experience strongly preferred. Strong computer skill including proficiency with MS Office applications. Strong Excel skills including the ability to create pivot reports, vlookups, and charts/graphs. Strong attention to detail and accuracy. Self-starter and fast learner requiring minimal direction.
Apply by creating/using account