Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Network Solution Architect
Location: Phoenix, AZ or Remote
Duration: 6+ Months of Contract
6 month contract. possibility for contract extension in 6 month increments.
Team has strong preference for candidates who reside in California or Arizona. Person will need to be onsite at certain phases of the project. Onsite will be at hospitals so vaccinations and health checks will be required.
Work hours will typically be 8 - 5 MST.
OT: Most weeks at 40 hrs. Some weeks (during cutovers) may have OT. Workers are required to get up front approval prior to working any OT hours.
TRAVEL: Travel frequency will vary depending on phase of project could be between 10% - 40%.
Travel would most likely be to the SF Bay Area and Sacramento – however, it could conceivably be to any Client location (CA, NV or AZ).
INTERVIEW PROCESS: Two stage interview process. First with Sr. Architects, then with Sr. Director of Networking.
More specific Job Title: Core Network/ Network Solution Architect
non-negotiable skills needed for a worker to hit the ground running:
§ Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, hardware engineering, or relevant degree is preferred
§ 5+ years' Engineering/Architecture Design experience with Cisco Networking technologies, including Route/Switch, Wireless, Nexus, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Cisco Client.
§ CCIE Certification Preferred
§ Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
§ Participation in on-call rotations and working at a "hands on” level with Tier 3 technical support teams
§ One or more years of experience in the healthcare or medical industry (optional)
§ Knowledge of Meditech, Siemens, Cerner, Allscripts, and McKesson products (optional)
§ Knowledge of HIPAA and HITECH, Security Privacy plus, and Generally Accepted Privacy Principles (desired)
The Network Architect's role is to provide technology leadership for developing, integrating, and supporting Technology Services. This role will be responsible for specific Network related Architectural activities specializing in Core Network architecture. The Network Architect will:
1. Drive successful solution adoption from technology planning, investment decisions, implementation to ongoing operational support for one or several medium complexity portfolios - specific to network activities.
2. Identify and accelerate the elimination of applications and infrastructure which are not Invest platforms
3. Be responsible for improving the availability, security, compliance, interoperability, performance, and technology cost of assigned portfolios/platforms
Qualified candidates must possess a combination of business, technical and leadership skills. They must be change advocates and innovators, quick learners, results-oriented, and creators of compelling technology roadmaps. LSAs must seek out and synthesize IT and healthcare trends into multi-year technology investment plans. Mentoring and influencing others in a matrixed team environment is critical to success.
• Create, implement, and support several IT portfolios which accelerate the transformation of Technology Services as a key enabler to growth strategy and fulfillment of mission.
• Act as the Technology Services champion with internal and external stakeholders regarding security, compliance, feature and product roadmaps, remediation, and service level agreements.
• Be mentored and coached by Solution Architects II & III to build skills and readiness in technology, portfolio, and platform responsibilities.
• Lead and participate in focused proof-of-concept activities for technology assessments, communicate findings, develop portfolio roadmaps, investment prioritization, and successful implementation and adoption.
• Be known as the subject matter expert for their portfolios and actively collaborate with other Solution Architects on IT standards, innovation and integration opportunities to enable new value chains and business efficiencies.
• Drive adherence to IT strategy and IT standards in design processes for 3rd party services, products acquired, internal services, integrated hosted solutions, and hardware/software vendors.
• Ensure that portfolio performance meets or exceeds operational metrics for scalability, security, compliance, performance and quality in accordance with negotiated service level agreements.
• Guide business owners and Technology Services teams to ensure the consistency of their components to the overall business capability, IT product architecture, and IT roadmaps.
• Create solutions that drive progress toward approved standards and reduce the number of exceptions by proactive roadmap and investment prioritization with business and IT owners.
• Lead IT portfolio maturity by driving the technical aspects of the acquired and developed products by applying industry best practices and technical due diligence.
• Proactively develop an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the solution domain to implement the most current and relevant solutions
• Proactively drive the assessment and resolution of software, hardware, or process defects discovered throughout the pre-launch, post-launch, and quality review processes.
• Ensure that financial planning and controls for IT portfolio decisions provide a return on investment, cost savings, performance improvement and clearly link to the defined business strategy.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proven experience with datacenter network design and implementation
o Expert understanding of networking theories and designs to support advanced datacenter technologies including virtualization, storage, database, server, unified communications, and messaging.
• Advanced experience with design, implementation, and troubleshooting Cisco wireless networks in complex campus environments.
• Experience with Cisco wireless:
o Application specific dependencies
• Experience designing networks with Cisco routers/switches/wireless/firewalls.
• Experience designing networks with Palo Alto firewalls.
• Experience with collocated datacenter, disaster recovery, and redundant network designs and architecture.
• Ability to demonstrate ability to design complex WAN environments, including the following protocols/topologies:
o Metro Optical Ethernet
o MultiPoint MOE
• Advanced ability to understand business needs to work with our vendors and Sales Engineers to translate those needs into network requirements to maintain Hardware and Software standards across all network technologies.
• Healthcare industry experience a plus
• Experience with multi-vendor management
Apply by creating/using account