Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Job Title: Production Services Analyst
Job Location: Denver, CO
Job Duration: 6+ Months
(5+ years of experience)
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline
· Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certificate (ITIL)
· 5+ years working in a Linux environment.
· Work with little supervision and assist senior staff in day to day activities.
· Take guidance and direction from senior staff members.
· Proficient in Microsoft office.
· Experience maintaining and troubleshooting highly available systems.
· The ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at once under duress.
· Ability to adapt to shift work (off hours/weekend work) - this position requires 6PM - 6 AM availability (Graveyard shift)
· Experience remotely managing Linux computer systems.
· Experience with ServiceNow, Netcool or other industry standard monitoring and ticketing tools.
· Experience with troubleshooting with Perfmon, Riverbed, or other performance monitoring tools.
· Understanding Splunk and REGEX is a plus
· Proven technical aptitude and a desire to learn is a must.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work in the Visa Command Center monitoring real time production services.
· Provide a solid understanding of the role a payment solution provider holds in the online payment industry and leverage this knowledge to troubleshoot internal and external incidents.
· Lead technical bridges and interact with both technical staff and management during the incident and change management process.
· Provide support for mission critical applications and execute BAU procedures to resolve incidents. Ensure the incident management process is followed and all communication requirements are met.
· Support applications in a Windows and Linux environment and troubleshoot network, database and system issues that are often not well documented.
· Manipulate basic REGEX queries and shell scripts to provide impact analysis.
· Investigate incidents and provide root because analysis based on application behavior and log data.
· Gauge the scope and criticality of impact and take the appropriate actions to handle the situation.
· Interact with second level teams and Customer Support to ensure incidents are closed out and impact is clearly communicated per the process in place.
· Monitor both systems and network performance through various industry standard and custom tools.
· Open and update trouble tickets and answer internal and external phone calls. Interact with 3rd party service providers to resolve incidents and provide root cause analysis.
· Review change activates and upcoming maintenances and coordinate with staff to cover the activities. Identify and raise concerns with upcoming changes to management.
· Recycle and validate Linux services and daemons as needed.
Apply by creating/using account