Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Position: Data Collection Researcher I
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 3+ Months
Services to be performed:
Language Data Researcher
Client is seeking a highly motivated researcher to join our speech performance evaluation and data collection team.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, flexible, and comfortable working with research participants in the field.
This position requires the ability to work with minimal direction, the capacity to work quickly and be adaptable while delivering high-quality results.
• Support performance evaluation and data collection efforts including setup and verification of all system components, troubleshooting during setup for live and automated test sessions, implementing quality control procedures, and documenting best practices.
• Manage data collection processes including securing project-specific assets, setting up the test environment, handling participant recruitment and scheduling, moderating test sessions, troubleshooting technical or process issues and reporting.
• Collaborate with stakeholders and project lead in designing and implementing session protocol.
• Evaluate data collection tools and processes and provide solutions to ensure they are efficient, high quality, and scalable.
• Own defined projects to improve data collection processes and the participant experience
• Degree in Linguistics, Languages, Psychology, or related field
• 1+ years of experience as a researcher or project coordinator
• Ability to work in field locations as needed
• Comfortable working with technical equipment, Mac OS, Windows OS.
• Hands-on experience with one-on-one session moderation with participants.
• Demonstrate professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Ability to follow through, work independently, and take ownership of assigned responsibilities.
• Ability to work well with people at all levels inside and outside the company.
• Customer service or similar experience.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
• Good sense of humor, a positive attitude, and great teamwork skills.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask effectively in fast paced, highly collaborative, and dynamic work environment.
• Ability to lift up to 15lbs.
• Research experience or data collection experience of some kind, being able to work independently, working in fast paced environments, experience working with people in a 1:1 or customer service environment, troubleshooting is a big plus on a resume.
• Being able to travel around the south bay area is one of our preferred requirements which could be required for off campus visits.
• Support data collection and testing efforts including setup and verification of all system components, troubleshooting during setup for live and automated test sessions, ensuring data integrity and upload, and documenting best practices is new.
• So having more experience with troubleshooting will be better for this position (but is also good for our position in general).
• There will be skype interviews, in-person is not mandatory.
Apply by creating/using account