Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Lead Sr. QA Automation Engineer
Location: Groveport, OH
CLIENT is the technology engine driving innovative retail, e-commerce, and global enterprise technology for CLIENT's and our five renowned brands: CLIENT, banana republic, Old Navy, Athleta and INTERMIX. We are a passionate team of technologists on an aggressive path to become the best technology organization in retail, operating with the agility and speed of a startup and the stability and resources of a Fortune 500 company. We push boundaries and challenge the status quo, with innovation at the core of everything we do. We set trends in both retail and in IT. We ship to customers in over 90 countries worldwide. We are passionate about creating and delivering quality software using Agile and Dev/Ops practices such as Automation, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration & Delivery, Pair Programming and story-based iterative development utilizing cutting-edge technologies.
At CLIENT, we are using technology as a competitive advantage to become the world's #1 specialty apparel retailer. As part of CLIENT, you will deliver global, scalable, cloud-based platform solutions, using rapid development, continuous integration and open source technology.
In the Agile Application Development group, you will work in small teams to directly contribute to innovative business capabilities, such as building next generation shipping and fulfillment solutions.
• Setup, maintain and enhance automation framework for large enterprise applications that operate in a CI/CD environment
• Write automation test scenarios using frameworks such as Cucumber, RSpec and languages such as Ruby (and may be some Java).
• Setting up monitoring/instrumentation/alerts on automation driving continuous feedback and improvements.
• Actively participate in technical solutioning to ensure testability and quality.
• Provide high-quality functional documentation in the form of diagrams, presentations, and narratives that describe the scenarios' setup, tear-down, and outcomes with an eye towards automated testing scenarios.
• Produce well-written, efficient, high-quality, self-documenting test code that follows best practices and design patterns
• Use your critical thinking skills by doing exploratory testing
• Continuously grow your skills and value through paired programming and code reviews
• Recommend and adopt new technologies as well as keeping existing technologies on leading edge versions
• Interface with the internal and external project teams to develop comprehensive testing strategies for complex functional configurations and integrations
• Report on quality to project and department leadership
• Some level of manual (hands-on) onsite (at the CLIENT fulfillment centers) testing of complex functional scenarios. Travel to CLIENT's fulfillment centers conducting testing and providing onsite support to business partners.
• Overall 7+ years of automation experience with expert level Ruby programing and OOP skills. Just knowing Ruby is not enough. Should be to write code from scratch
• Experience with Cucumber and or RSpec, Selenium, mocking, service virtualization or equivalent.
• Knowledge of WebService technologies
• Experience working with cloud technologies
• Experience in relational database programming
• Experience with some messaging technology like IBM MQ
• Experience with a no SQL database like MongoDB is a plus
• Experience in Kafka or related technology is a plus
• Able to balance the need for speed of execution with coverage requirements
• Should have passion for technology and programming
• Desire to practice relentless automation, continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous improvement
• Ready to learn the Retail and Direct to Consumer fulfillment domains.
• Experience programming in Java and J2EE
• Experience with Continuous Integration tools (Electric Commander, Jenkins)
• Proficiency with virtualization technologies such as VMware, Docker
• Able to do weeklong travel up to 1-2 weeks in a month. This should not happen for an extended duration but candidate should be flexible with travel. Travel could be CLIENT's US or Canada locations. [travel limitation is not a deal breaker if the candidate demonstrates expert level automation skills]
Apply by creating/using account