Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Business Systems Analyst
Location: Can sit in either Orlando, FL, Little Rock, AR, or Jacksonville, FL
Duration: 6 Months Contract to Hire
Shift: M-F, First Shift. Will require flexibility as some shifts may start as early as 6:00 AM CST. There is potential for OT (no more than 5-10 hours a week). There is also potential for some weekend work, Sunday evening, but advanced notice will be given by management if this is required.
Elicit, analyze, communicate and validate business/user requirements for processes, policies and information systems. Translate business needs/end-user requirements into functional specifications that describe what the system, process or product/service must do to fulfill the end-user/business requirements.
Advanced professional role. Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency. Develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Coaches and mentor's junior business systems analysts. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Interact with executive level management and prepare and present presentations.
- Elicit, analyze, document and validate business and functional requirements.
- Actively engage stakeholders in defining requirements; understand the commonly used techniques to elicit requirements; select appropriate techniques for a given situation.
- Develop strategies for med to large projects.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts through facilitation to solution.
- Assist technology team with detailed design work, review technical design deliverables, resolve problems, ensure production rollout of any change is completed, manage change requests.
- Participate in design walkthroughs and provide support.
- Develop process and work flow models.
- Revise requirements, business roles and obtain customer sign-off as needed.
- Analyze impacts to software applications throughout all phases of the project.
- Ensure deliverables meet functional and design specifications.
- Identify, track, monitor and communicate project-related issues, scope changed, variances and contingencies.
- Identify test requirements from specifications.
Additional Skills: Advanced professional role. Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency. Develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Coaches and mentors more junior business systems analysts. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires six or more years of demonstrated business systems analysis experience with at least one project as the business systems analyst lead on a "large” project (i.e., a project with duration of more than 6,000 hours or spanning more than 4 months).
A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of FIS' products and services
• Knowledge of financial services industry
• Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development)
• Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization
(e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
• Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
Apply by creating/using account