Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Join a growing team!!
We are looking for top tier individuals to join our team that is tasked with transforming IT services into a value proposition instead of a cost center. Individuals seeking employment should be highly motivated and have a positive "can do” attitude.
The DCS Operations Engineer will provide operational support and guidance to the company's internal clients. This role is expected to perform at a technical expert level in operational aspects of running a data center and consultative practices.
Responsibilities as a DCS Operations engineer will involve daily operations of the Data Center architecture from a server hardware and OS level, storage systems, telephony systems and backup and recovery systems. This position requires an ability to effectively interact and coordinate with several different development teams and operations teams within and outside of the Information Technology department. Applicant must possess strong customer service skills with the ability to make decisions with little or no management intervention. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
Daily tasks involve the performance of a wide variety of daily server administration, virtualization, and storage management tasks as well as provide recommendations for the effective and efficient management of server systems. This role is also responsible for providing technical hardware support of servers, blades, and SAN.
Contract duration is 6 months from date of hire.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Server Administration - Day-to-day administration of servers
• Server Migration – Assist in the migration of servers between disparate vCenter environments
• Responsible for performing daily operational tasks like server provisioning and maintaining availability
• Provision servers based on standardized procedures as outlined in internal documents
• Performs necessary server infrastructure maintenance in accordance with internal best practices
• Documentation – Document critical processes and procedures to ensure consistency and quality
• Assist in developing procedures and processes to ensure that Audit and Regulatory requirements are met
This position requires a high level of independent thinking and the ability to solve problems in a stressful environment.
The individual will be motivated with the ability to be self-directed and work well independently in support of customer service level agreements.
• 8+ years of IT experience
• Strong ability to provide accurate and valid information
• Experience working in a fast paced enterprise production environment
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• 8 years of hands on server experience (in an enterprise environment)
• Expert knowledge with system hardware and support contracts (Cisco UCS, Dell, IBM Client)
• Expert knowledge in supporting applications within the server environment
• Expert knowledge of VMWare ESX / ESXi / Virtual Center Infrastructure
• Strong ability to organize tasks and determine priorities
• Experience with Windows and Linux patching utilities is required
• Experience with SAN technology (EMC and Netapp) is required
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Server (2003-2012) Configuration and management is required
• ITIL Foundations Certification preferred
• A+ Certification preferred
• Microsoft Certifications preferred
Apply by creating/using account