Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Project Manager
Job Duration: 1 year, possible extension or conversion
Job Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
The main function of a project manager is to plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as engineering, research and development, financial systems and product roll-out, etc. An entry level project manager typically has a Bachelors degree and previous experience with project management. As the levels progress, the years experience increase along with leadership expectations, with the introduction of a supervisory role at Level 4. The technical skills, including knowledge of business and management principles, increase across levels, starting from basic at Level 1 to expert at Level 5.
o Bachelor degree in human resources or a related field. PMI or PMP certification a plus.
o 5-7 years experience required Responsibility level o Exercises independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor Skills
o Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills (Required)
o Ability to work independently and manage one's time (Required) o Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods (Typically required)
o Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods (Required)
o Knowledge of computer software, such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, etc. (Required)
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities: o Coordinate projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities o Present and explain proposals, reports and findings to clients o Recruit employees, assign, direct, and evaluate their work, and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence o Analyze technology, resource needs and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects o Confer with management, production and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures o Review and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates
Project Managers should have proficiency in the following competencies:
• General: planning, organizational effectiveness, intelligence, utilizing strong judgment, initiative and exhibiting leadership
• Leading and managing others: coaching & mentoring, managing across organizational boundaries, and hosting meetings/ team facilitation
• Collaboration: effective communication, customer relationship management, enabling trust to develop agreements, fostering and building collaborative environments, stakeholder analysis & management
• Understanding, designing and applying processes: issue management, managing quality of project deliverables, risk management
• Understanding the business: cost and budget management, strategic planning and goal alignment
Apply by creating/using account