Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title-Shipper/Warehouse Associate
Duration-12 Months contract+
**This is a Non-Exempt position**
Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PM (there is some flexibility with the working hours)
Overtime will be available on a case by case basis when manager approved.
Candidate may be required to work a Saturday shift based on need when requested by manager.
Temporary Shippers are responsible for packaging and shipping of finished goods to domestic and worldwide customers and inventory control activities.
Working in a fast-paced, time-sensitive and dynamic team environment, responsibilities encompass many functional areas of Shipping, Receiving, and Inventory Control. Ensure quality standards by following Company and departmental policies and procedures including, but not limited to: Product performance and quality verification, Identifying and recording problems related to product, process, and quality systems, Initiating action to prevent non-conformance in products, process and quality systems and Training on quality systems as identified by supervisor and required by position. All workers must recognize and be responsible for controlling their personal safety and protecting the environment. The following actions are the responsibilities of the individual: Follow rules and procedures required by our safety and environmental system, Report all hazardous conditions and practices immediately to the supervisor and Support the company's interest in protecting the environment.
• Picking, packing and shipping world-wide (domestic and international) orders on a daily basis, including administrative processing of paperwork for forwarders, carriers, customers.
• Order/document assessment to determine appropriate packing methods for product stability and shipping container sizing, including packaging dry ice, wet ice and liquid nitrogen in shipping "dewars”.
• Follow written procedures and also use independent judgment, once trained.
• Daily interaction in a team environment primarily with manufacturing, receiving, inventory control and customer service personnel. This activity includes monitoring and responding to customer service inquiries via email and instant messaging.
• Demonstrated ability to move, lift, and transport packages, boxes and other material up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work in cold environment (cold rooms), with dry ice and Liquid Nitrogen.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to operate powered and manual material movement equipment.
• Valid driver's license and ability to pass DOT medical exam.
• Daily interaction with freight and parcel carriers (i.e. UPS, Fedex, Freight Forwarders).
• Monitor and "close” shipments daily using ERP and carrier interface systems.
• Receipt and processing of returned shipments/materials.
• Print, assemble, and match batch specific data sheets including pre-shipment packaging.
• Process international orders/shipments by following company/department procedures.
• Perform cycle counts of finished goods; investigate and resolve discrepancies and issue reports as needed.
• Monitor and maintain optimal finished goods storage/inventory efficiency.
• Accurately process finished goods "Reserve” or sales stock moves.
• Monitor and maintain appropriate levels of shipping supplies including boxes, packing materials, dry ice, etc.
• Remain knowledgeable in current shipping regulations and processes, i.e. hazmat.
• Other logistics tasks as assigned by supervisor.
HS Diploma is required
1-3 years experience in warehouse/shipping/receiving/inventory control preferred
Previous experience with FedEx or UPS a plus
Previous experience with cold chain shipping preferred
Knowledge of exports preferred
Administrative shipping experience also accepted
Personal Protective Equipment:
Steel Toe Boots - Corning will reimburse
Manager Must Haves:
1. Ability to use and learn computer systems (shipping systems, excel, word etc.)
2. Knowledge of shipping, receiving and inventory processes
4. Arithmetic skills
5. Ability to work well under pressure
6. Abiltiy to work well with a team is a MUST
Apply by creating/using account