Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Contract Manager Associate
Duration: 1 Years
Location: Bridgewater, NJ
Drafting and negotiating various agreements.
Demonstration of an understanding of legal contract concepts, negotiation strategies, efficient administration and automation of • contract processes.
Working closely with attorneys in the Legal Department.
Keeping up to date on current laws and regulations.
Implements contract negotiations processes by preparing first drafts of a variety of contracts.
Conducts moderately complex contract drafting and negotiations.
Evaluates the terms and conditions of a variety of contracts (e.g., service, confidentiality, consulting, research).
Interfaces with internal management and external parties to gather specifications, and terms of agreement necessary for contract drafting and negotiations
Responsible for entire negotiations processes for one or more types of contracts.
Communicates company contract policies and requirements to internal managers and employees and highlights areas of concern in regards to individual contracts projects.
Determines and initiates required follow-up and/or additional analyses.
Assists in maintaining contract database information.
May review and summarize existing contracts internally and/or as part of an external diligence process
Assist with and / or handle client training presentations with respect to company policy, compliance policies, privacy, contract approval processes, etc.
Keep apprised of issues relevant to pharmaceutical industry and accurately relay this information to clients.
Work with client groups, third parties and outside counsel to identify, assess and address general legal concerns.
Demonstrate company values on a consistent basis.
Prioritize competing projects and set expectations with clients and management.
Ability to work on teams.
Perform related duties as required.
• Ability to exercise independent thought and judgment in advising clients and making decisions within area of responsibility.
• Ability to communicate complex legal information to individuals at various levels of the organization.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to negotiate effectively with internal clients, third parties and outside counsel and foster collaboration and compromise within legal parameters.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to weigh pros and cons of a particular position and exercise judgment in determining when it is necessary to seek direction from in house counsel in order to make a decision.
• Maintain the highest ethical standards and respects confidentiality of sensitive matter.
• Proactive, self-motivated and results oriented with the ability to accomplish tasks / objectives independently, reliably and in a professional and timely manner.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision on multiple tasks and provide a high quality work product, with excellent attention to detail under tight deadlines.
• Ability to read and understand corporate policies, statutes and government regulations.
• Ability to work on teams
• Strong computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
A bachelor's degree or Paralegal Certification with 3-5 years' experience in the contract management field
• Trained paralegal with 1-3 plus years of experience in-house corporate legal department, law firm, or governmental agency (healthcare background preferred.
• Experience handling a wide variety of contracts, preferably in the pharmaceutical/medical device industry
• Experience working directly with sophisticated clients, meeting businesdeadlines, and prioritizing competing projects
• Working knowledge of contract law
• Working knowledge of healthcare laws affecting pharmaceutical business including federal anti-kickback statute, federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic act, the federal Physician Sunshine Act, and federal and state privacy laws
• Familiarity with healthcare compliance principles and programs
Apply by creating/using account