Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Senior AWS Data Architect
Needed onsite in Tampa, FL
6+ Month Contract
IT Architecture is seeking an AWS Database Architect with extensive experience in AWS Cloud. The Cloud Database Architect role will focus on architecture, design, and implementation of database resiliency in AWS and or other Cloud providers environment. The role will require that the individual be familiar with current and emerging Database technologies, tools and system architectures. The position will include developing resiliency validation and verification automation, baselines, best practices for AWS cloud database such as Aurora, DynamoDB, etc. The role requires an individual who can work closely with application developers, architects and infrastructure engineers to deliver resilient database solution in a team oriented environment. The expectation is that this candidate will work with others in the organization to develop a resiliency model for supporting our applications' database requirements as we establish a significant presence within the Cloud landscape.
• Focus on continuous improvement practices as required to meet system resiliency imperatives
• Define high availability and resilience standard and best practices for adopting database technologies from AWS and other Cloud providers.
• Contribute to Cloud strategy discussions and decisions on overall Cloud design and best approach for implementing Cloud solutions.
• Establishes relationships with IT leaders, architects, and technical specialists in advancing proposed resiliency solutions
• Establish the appropriate monitoring and alerting of database events related to performance, scalability, and reliability.
• Design, test and support solutions resiliency in the Cloud and on premises
• Support for the adoption of DevOps methodology and Agile project management
• Communicates complicated technical concepts effectively to a broad group of stakeholders.
• Provide mentoring, knowledge transfer and assist in training for other team members.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in database architecture required.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience working with AWS Cloud database
• Minimum of 5 years' experience with industry patterns, methodologies, and techniques across the disaster recovery disciplines
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in database replication implementation
• Minimum of 8- 10 years' experience in application development
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
• Strong knowledge of AWS Cloud environment and different storage options such as S3, EBS, DynamoDB, etc.
• Requires in-depth, hands-on expertise in MySQL and Linux
• Requires general knowledge and hands-on experience in all database disciplines, including logical and physical database design, database implementation, access optimization, security, storage management, system and application performance management, and database systems administration.
• Knowledge of database internals, data dictionary, PL/SQL coding, Backup & Recovery concepts, database security and monitoring.
• Knowledge of AWS Identity Access Management (IAM)
• Ability to write scripts (Bash, PHP, Python) for automation of database resiliency validation and verification.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills along with and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Experience with provisioning and configuration tools like AWS CloudFormation/Terraform, Chef and Puppet a plus
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
Apply by creating/using account