Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Business Title: Senior AWS Solution Architect
Target bill rate is, $100 per hour. For candidates who are high level and meet all requirements BR can go up to, $125
Position Summary IT Architecture is seeking an AWS Solution Architect with extensive experience in AWS Cloud. The Cloud Solution Architect role will focus on architecture, design, and implementation of application resiliency in AWS and or other Cloud providers environment. The role will require that the individual be familiar with current and emerging cloud technologies, tools and system architectures. The position will include developing resiliency validation and verification automation, baselines, best practices for AWS technologies such as ECS, EC2, S3, Aurora, DynamoDB, Lambda, etc. The role requires an individual who can work closely with application developers, architects and infrastructure engineers to deliver resilient solution in a team oriented environment. The expectation is that this candidate will work with others in the organization to develop a resiliency model for supporting our applications’ business and technical requirements as we establish a significant presence within the Cloud landscape.
Principal Responsibilities • Understand business goals and drivers and translate those into an appropriate technical solution
• Gather technical requirements, assess capabilities and provide appropriate cloud solution recommendations and adoption strategy
• Contribute to cloud strategy discussions and decisions on overall Cloud design and best approach for implementing cloud solutions.
• Focus on continuous improvement practices as required to meet system resiliency imperatives
• Define high availability and resilience standard and best practices for adopting technologies from AWS and other Cloud providers.
• Establish the appropriate monitoring and alerting of solution events related to performance, scalability, availability, and reliability.
• Design, test and support solutions resiliency in the Cloud and on premises
• Act as a liaison with other architects (security, infrastructure, data, etc.) and with delivery teams working primarily within an Agile (Scrum) methodology
• Establishes relationships with IT leaders, architects, and technical specialists in advancing proposed resiliency solutions
• Support for the adoption of DevOps methodology and Agile project management
• Communicates complicated technical concepts effectively to a broad group of stakeholders.
• Provide mentoring, knowledge transfer and assist in training for other team members.
Experience • Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the design & implementation of distributed applications
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in networking, infrastructure, and database architecture
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in highly available architecture and solution implementation
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in architecting and delivering AWS solutions
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with industry patterns, methodologies, and techniques across the disaster recovery disciplines
Knowledge/ Skills • Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
• Strong knowledge of AWS cloud environment
• Knowledge of AWS cloud monitoring tools (cloud watch, cloud trail, splunk, and other application monitoring.)
• Knowledge of AWS Identity Access Management (IAM)
• In-depth, hands-on expertise in Java, MySQL, Linux
• Ability to estimate the financial impact of various solution architecture alternatives
• Must be comfortable working in an open, highly collaborative team
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Ability to write scripts (Bash, PHP, Python) for automation of solution resiliency validation and verification.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills along with and ability to communicate at all levels.
• Experience with provisioning and configuration tools like AWS CloudFormation/Terraform a plus
• Chaos engineering experience a huge plus.
Education • Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
Apply by creating/using account