Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Network Analyst III*
Location: REMOTE or Jacksonville FL
Duration: 6 Months plus extensions or possible confersion to fulltime
This opportunity is to join our Network Production Service Delivery Team focused on configuring and supporting the F5 load balancer, routing and switching environment. Mandatory skills: F5, Netscaler, Cisco, Juniper. Nice to have skills: CheckPoint, ACE LB.
Provides and maintains network connectivity services for our networks. Performs device configurations, internal operating system upgrades, and software upgrades and deploys network devices including (but not limited to) routers, switches, load balancers, and firewalls. Assists with troubleshooting circuit equipment and all other network issues. Monitors, responds, and provides resolution for all network problem and incident tickets. Utilizing case management system (CMS), documents status updates and problem resolutions.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Follows documented network services processes and procedures – identifies gaps in processes or documentation and suggests improvements.
• Performs customer service duties and responds to customer requests as defined by management.
• Responds to customer requests as defined by management completing assignments in a timely manner with an acceptable level of quality.
• Troubleshoots network problems and recommends corrective procedures.
• Prepares activity reports as requested by management.
• Identifies opportunities to improve workflow and creates supporting documentation for review by peers and management.
• Maintains network services documentation related to work area.
• Completes network change requests in accordance with service level agreements.
• Maintains network lab and equipment inventory.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Career professional role requiring high skill with extensive proficiency – answers and responds to increasingly complex network related questions and inquiries via telephone and electronic messaging systems utilizing established procedures. Works independently with only administrative supervision and the ability to overcome major obstacles and recognize early when issues should be escalated or a senior peer needs to be consulted. Wide latitude for independent judgment and is expected to provide guidance and cross-training to others. Is proactive in identifying potential network services problem areas and recommending solutions. Effectively communicates with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel. Ability to negotiate complex processes and issues with others. Performs network service infrastructure design and engineering, service prototyping, and laboratory experimentation. Contributes to the development, documentation and implementation of standards or guidelines. Expanded knowledge of financial services industry, FIS products and services, and networking terms, concepts, practices, and policies including FIS's network infrastructure and architecture. Has a basic understanding of regulator and audit requirement with respect to network services controls. Typically requires five to seven years of experience performing hands on network services infrastructure engineering, diagnosing and correcting network problems and network equipment installation and configuration.
Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
• Knowledge of network technologies (i.e. routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, network and routing protocols, DNS)
• Knowledge of basic IT technologies (i.e. operating systems, network devices, software development and architecture)
• Requires knowledge of basic office tools
• Ability to understand and apply technical concepts
• Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Flexibility, versatility, dependability
Apply by creating/using account