Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Position: Technical Support Tech II
Location: San Bernardino, CA
Duration: 6+ Months
Services to be performed:
Responsible for support within the fulfillment center operations, focusing on maintaining, troubleshooting and modifying material handling controls systems equipment to ensure operational performance of material handling equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, and SCADA devices and programs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain, troubleshoot and modify software programs for material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems.
2. Act as first level escalation support for the facilities teams. Appropriately escalate downtime situations to vendors or headquarters for support to restore equipment operation.
3. Monitor MHE metrics and partner with facilities/operations for system performance issues both within assigned FC and with like systems in similar FC systems.
4. Apply subject matter expertise in material handling and electronic systems to maximize building utilization of systems.
5. Perform and Utilize FC System Assessments to assess material handling system performance.
6. Utilize FC network support resources for guidance and assistance, and provide assistance to peers, as needed.
7. Communicate technical issues and project timelines with building leadership, operations and the maintenance team. Explain production impacts and work closely with operations and engineering to ensure a thorough understanding of impact to systems.
• Associates degree in electronic technology or related field or 5 years equivalent experience
• Ability to identify, maintain, troubleshoot, and modify AB RS LOGIX 5000 PLC's and PLC components
• Ability to identify, maintain, troubleshoot, and modify Robotics system components and controls
• Ability to identify, maintain, troubleshoot, modify and program HMI components
• Ability to identify, maintain, troubleshoot, and modify control network components
• Ability to identify, maintain, troubleshoot, and modify Motor Controls including motor starters, Variable Frequency Drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components.
• Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC systems
• Understand concepts and messaging protocols within Warehouse Management System Software
• Understand concepts and messaging protocols within Warehouse control systems concepts
• Ability to execute project tasks assigned.
• Reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to interpret and modify drawings both mechanical and electrical
• Ability to identify, maintain, and utilize SCADA systems and KPI's
• Ability to train others with lesser skills
• Ability to access all levels and areas of the facility
• Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
• Systems controls knowledge or programming experience
• Field service engineering experience
• Systems trainer or training experience
• Experience supporting a wide range of different conveyors and sortation systems
• Experience with advanced automation controls systems
• Experience with industrial robotics
• Experience with ASRS systems
• Project management experience
PLC experience is a great call out.
Troubleshooting automated control systems.
Electronic and electrical troubleshooting.
Reading electrical schematics.
Prior experience with any type of automated manufacturing maintenance roles, with job title working as mechanics, automation technician, controls techs is good to have.
If they come from distribution environment and control side that would be a great call out.
What does a typical work day entail? Do you anticipate any OT (Overtime, schedule, etc.?) Remote work?
9 to 5 or 8-4 typical work day---40 hours. Possibility of overtime based on volume specially during peak seasons which runs from mid-October to mid of December.
Ability to work with diverse with cooperative nature
Good problem resolution skills.
Conflict resolution skill
Great communication skill
Phone screen followed by onsite interview with maintenance manager onsite.
Apply by creating/using account