Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Network Design Analyst
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Duration: 6+ Months
Daily duties will include analyzing existing network designs
Making recommendations on network design improvements
Building proposals leveraging a proprietary tool (TED).
Important administrative skills: Excel; Visio
Technical skills: Design knowledge with Cisco routers/switches/vpn's/variety of data circuit types from various carriers (Level3; Telecommunication; CenturyLink; Telecommunication; Comcast, etc)
Attention to details
Able to speak and present at the level of the customer on the phone for proposed designs
Serves as a senior technical contributor with expertise in Network Design and Provisioning, responsible for formulating systems scope and objectives relative to a client organization's business plan and industry requirements. Acts independently or as a member of a project team responsible for providing technical guidance concerning the business implications of the application of various systems. Provides technical consulting on complex projects.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Works individually or within a team on technology business consulting projects to meet specific client requirements.
• Serves as liaison between end-users and consultants during IT and technology consulting projects.
• Expertly researches and documents client needs, technology, or regulations related to system design, enhancement, acquiring hardware or software that will impact multiple platforms and/or applications.
• Defines product scope, objectives and requirements. Defines specifications and data models for product development and testing.
• Creates detailed specifications from which proposals will be written.
• Analyzes marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and best practices, vendor products and services, etc. Also analyzes system impacts to other systems and procedures.
• Devises and/or modifies processes and procedures to achieve greater efficiencies and to solve the most complex technical problems related to computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
• Assesses available technologies and recommend solutions to consulting team.
• Writes test plans and test cases to ensure enhancements made to applications meet client needs and that application integrity is maintained.
• Conducts a variety of tests such as network integration, readiness, and acceptance tests. Conducts tests using client data to be certain client needs will be met.
• Influences clients, business partners and service providers regarding priorities, hardware/software selection and/or vendor selection.
• Consults directly with the client and may travel to the client site.
• Acts as team leader for technical aspects of consulting projects, leading sub-plans or small projects. May mentor, guide, advise and/or check the work of less experienced Business Systems Analysts and Technology Business Consultants.
• May play a key role in the training of client and technical support personnel on enhancements, new systems or procedures. Training may be delivered one-on-one as knowledge transfer or in a classroom setting, depending on the number in the audience and client preference.
• May serve as pre-sales support specialist when needed.
• Performs other related duties as required.
A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• In-depth knowledge of financial services industry
• In-depth knowledge of network design and provisioning
• Advanced knowledge of multiple end-to-end systems development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development) and conversion methodologies
• Advanced knowledge of the tools, techniques and principles used in application development in objective-oriented development, or other relevant technology
• Knowledge of application architecture
• Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
• Proficiency in quality management methods, tools and technologies
• Proficiency in at least one appropriate application programming language
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
Apply by creating/using account