Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The Operational Excellence Specialist will provide analytical support and business guidance across a wide range of projects. Key tasks include:
• Sustains the high level of customer service through analysis of current quality issues and develops appropriate improvement.
• Where performance shortfalls exist against key process metrics, work with the relevant business functional leads to define the root cause and support those leads to implement effective corrective action plans.
• Work with business on achieving key project deliverables
• Help to define and manage process metrics, using a customer centric approach
• Support the deployment of Performance Excellence in the business, building local capability and engagement
• Responsible for leveraging technology to deliver reporting, data analysis, and key performance indicators that demonstrate to customers the quality of service being delivered.
• Support the analysis of systems and processes across business functions in order to identify inefficiencies and opportunities for improving operational and customer service performance.
• Provide data analysis to support delivering business results, improving service delivery, maintaining compliance and governmental reporting.
• Use root cause analysis and data analytics, leveraging Six-Sigma and Lean techniques, to investigate the cause of performance issues and co-develop countermeasures and action plans with the business.
• Assess the value, feasibility and risk of process initiatives, in order to provide a set of priorities. Record the benefits of improvement initiatives in order to share best practices and help demonstrate value.
• Assist with the development of compelling business cases to obtain stakeholder buy-in.
• Develop and integrate process improvement change plans, ensuring effective communications and successful engagement.
• Acquire up-to-date information regarding industry best practices and latest technology to improve internal practices, reduce operational cost and increase operational efficiency.
• Facilitate workshops and meetings, using cross-functional teams to undertake analysis, solve problems, drive engagement and develop solutions to process issues.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
• Preferred four-year professional degree or equivalent: Human Resources experience desired.
• Process methodology experience in Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma or equivalent.
• Previous working experience with Customer Service toolsets and technology (e.g. Case Management System, Knowledge Base System) desired.
• Leadership, communication, training, workshop and meeting facilitation experience required.
• Knowledge of relevant project management methods and experience managing project teams with cross-function projects enabling teams to operate innovatively, effectively and efficiently.
• Ability to see multiple relationships between data to identify root causes of a problem and develop permanent solutions to systematic issues
• Exceptional ability to partner with key stakeholders to resolve issues and implement process improvements
• Ability to travel to other National Grid locations required (20%)
• Tools/Technology: MS Visio and Excel (VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables) experience desired.
• Ability to work with ambiguous project definitions, to function in unstructured work situations, and drive structure into such situations
• Demonstrated ability to influence project stakeholders on all levels as to the business benefits of identified initiatives
• Highly analytical and innovative
Apply by creating/using account