Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Must Have Skills: 5+ yrs Database Engineer experience / MYSQL / Experience defining a data model
Nice to Have Skills: Exposure to PCI or payments / experience as a data architect / experience with a database conversion (MYSQL - Oracle)
Responsibilities: SQL optimization - make it efficient to deploy to production environment / provide governance over database changes – make recommendations on how to maintain a data model
Global Services is part of the Merchant and Acquirer Processing (MAP) Product Development (PD) Group within the Visa Technology Organization. This group is responsible for building tangible, impactful, innovative and intelligent solutions across payment acceptance, payment security, payment analytics and fraud management for marquee and strategic accounts worldwide.
- Responsible for the database development deliverables that include designing, coding and testing.
- Provide technical guidance for outsourced development staff and serve as escalation point for complex technical database issues.
- Responsible for establishing guidelines to define/manage the system data model.
- Provide level 3 database support for production issues and service requests.
- Interact with business units to define and clarify requirements; create and modify business use cases; and to create conceptual approach based on business requirement. Provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to develop solutions.
- Create or review documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Lead database development functions to ensure that projects are delivered on-time and meet expectations.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes, and database functionalities.
- Work with both technical and business staff on a wide variety of tasks which span the full application development life cycle.
- Work closely with project team members (Analysts, Architects, Developers, Project Managers, QA testers, Product Managers, etc.); coordinate and interface with other IT groups (e.g. Network, Operations, Engineering, etc).
- Coordinate, participate and manage design activities, development integration testing, data modeling, software configuration, implementation planning, and deployment support.
- Work with various project team members to ensure technology decisions are business driven and meet business requirement.
- Review works (programs, scripts, documentation) done by outsourced development team as needed if any. Serve as reviewing entity to ensure vendor developed work adhere to Visa's development methodology and security guidelines.
- Must be able to occasionally work off-hours to support production releases.
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in system design, architecture, and development of large scale system, applications and tools.
- Strong experience in data modeling and SQL programming is required.
- Working experience with following systems – RedHat, Oracle and MySQL.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex database development and design issues.
- Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the "big picture " enterprise-level view to the low level technical view.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and time-management skills along with effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Excellent process orientation and exhibited planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or other related technology discipline and 5-10 years of experience or Masters and 3-6 years.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) best practices, software development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, RUP), DevOps practices and the demands of a professional services organization.
Apply by creating/using account