Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Title: Deployment Project Manager
Duration: 12 Months (Possible Extensions)
Location: New York, NY
Hiring manager's Name: Experience with Continuous Integration (Chef, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins) and some background with Java or DevOps.
The Deployment Project Manager (DPM) will be responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating teams to deliver strategic technology initiatives that enable efficient software development and operations practices. The DPM may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility initiatives using Agile methodologies and practices in a fast-paced environment across development, testing, infrastructure and operations groups. This position requires an individual who has previously been a successful Project Manager on highly distributed teams, has been involved in automated code testing and deployment environments, infrastructure and operations. The DPM must demonstrate their ability to drive and influence change and effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
• Assertive: Must be able to ensure timeline focus from teams, gain cooperation, structure and teamwork.
• Attitude of empowerment: Must be able to lead projects and initiatives, provide a voice of reason and authority and make the tough calls.
• Attitude of transparency: Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to both business and technology and grow trust amongst partners
• Collaborative: Ability to partner with others to achieve goals at various levels throughout the organization and lead others to do so by example
• Communicative and social: Must be able to communicate well with all levels of the organization from team members to executives
• Conflict resolution: Must be able to facilitate discussions and enable alternatives and different approaches
• Continual improvement: Must continually be growing ones craft learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
• Enthusiastic: Must be passionate and high-energy
• Flexible: Must have ability to shift to the role or tasks needed for each situational transformation. Ability to "get the job done” regardless of role definition. Must be able to multi-task and manage concurrent projects and work streams.
• Quick learner: Must be able to quickly gain a high level understanding of the technical and business domains of the projects
• Servant Leader: Must be able to garner respect from team and stakeholders and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
• Situational Awareness : Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
• Lead and manage large, complex changes to the practice of a large, agile software development, infrastructure and operations organization to achieve highly efficient continuous integration and deployment through test automation, package build, deployment automation, configuration management and environment management. The role is focused on process reengineering and implementation efforts to achieve these goals.
• Coordinate with internal stakeholders, manage risks, issues and dependencies for/with external components and multiple functions across the company.
• Provide status reporting and act as the point of contact for questions and issues at the initiative level
• Maintain metrics that provide visibility to stakeholders on initiative level plans, progress and quality
• Facilitate alignment of dependencies between the program team and third parties, release managers and others outside of the core team
• Foster a team collaborative environment that tears down silos between groups
• Provide real time feedback based on experiences with contributing teams
• Work cross-functionally to align strategy, methodology and execution
• Be a change agent and foster a "learn by doing” environment
All about you:
• Solid expertise and experience in technology industry
• Previous experience as a Deployment Manager, QA Manager, Environment Manager, Release Manager are a plus
• Previous software development experience a plus
• Familiar with software configuration management tools a plus
• Previous Project Management experience
• Previous experience working in a large scale, operationally mature, CICD environment
• Experience with Agile Management tools (e.g. Rally, JIRA, VersionOne)
• Familiarity with common Agile and Lean practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
• Knowledge of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) structure and theories is a plus
• Understanding of incremental delivery and the value of metrics
• Excellent English communication skills in written and spoken form
• Bachelor's Degree in technology related field
• Knowledge of CLIENT and the payments industry preferred
Apply by creating/using account