Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
DIRECT CLIENT REQUIREMENT
Job Title: Director, Enterprise Application Management
Location: Chicago, IL
Client is an independent, employee-owned firm founded in 1937. As specialists in investment management, capital markets, and advisory services, we are committed to helping our institutional, corporate and individual clients achieve their objectives. Our professionals are inspired by an entrepreneurial desire to develop tailored solutions designed to deliver measurable results.
The Director of Enterprise Applications Development will head and lead the applications development team. This person will provide technical leadership across current tactical and strategic systems and will liaise with business teams to identify and prioritize technology solutions. Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with the ability to direct the work of direct reports as well as resources assigned by third parties. Candidate must be organized and pragmatic, adept at working in a team environment, able to troubleshoot complex functional and data related issues, and able to juggle multiple priorities. Candidate should be able to concisely and clearly communicate with business and help them understand technical complexity and opportunity as well as communicate business requirements to technology team in terms that allow them to build solutions.
• Define Technology strategies for the Investment Management businesses
• Takes ownership of existing systems and data and help team and business navigate technology and process challenges as they arise.
• Leads and integrates application development and maintenance functions
• Identify, assess and communicate technology driven solutions and opportunities that can make our business even more efficient and effective
• Define and enforce appropriate processes for the application support teams to help them provide production support as needed. There will be interaction with other infrastructure teams such as Servers, Network, and Information Security to ensure systems are developed and deployed as per enterprise standards, security and SLA requirements.
• Hire, develop, cultivate and support a team of software engineers and promote a culture of rapid application development and agility.
• Promote Agile and Dev Ops methodology within the team and continue developing solutions that are enterprise grade, scalable and extensible.
• Participate in IT governance and communicate effectively the risk and rewards associated with current and future IT investments.
• Mentor and coach professionals and provide thought leadership on latest technologies and industry trends
• Learn and gain a reasonable working knowledge of Investment Management business and create a culture of learning across the team.
• Oversee the service desk team that supports the Investment Management employee's use of custom and proprietary applications, ensuring incidents and requests are addressed in a timely manner
• Assist with incidents and requests when volume or complexity of issues is high
• Identify recurring issues and trends and suggest and prioritize improvements to applications and process
• Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent preferred
• Fund of Funds, Hedge Fund, Portfolio Management or other financial services industry experience is highly desirable
• 10+ years of hands-on experience in Enterprise Software Development
• 5+ years of experience in managing direct reports and directing teams.
• Working knowledge of Agile development methodology
• Strong design, coding, testing, documentation, and debugging skills
• Applicable experience in a custom application development environment
• Ability to understand complex business processes and corresponding data models and systems
• Able to be on call for after-hours support when issues are urgent or alerts are received by the hosting or database administration teams
• Experience with multiple database environments and complex SQL queries
• Experience in managing expectations when balancing competing priorities
• Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach when dealing with the operation of production systems
• Demonstrate strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with team members and users
• Experience with the following Database and development environments including but not limited to:
o Oracle 11
o SQL Server
o Spring framework
o React JS
Apply by creating/using account