Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
ACTUAL JOB TITLE = Research Scientist
Typical Daily Work schedule (start/end times) = 8am-5pm (with 1 hr flexibility in start/end times)
Weekend & OT work NOT required, but candidates should be open to it, in case it becomes needed.
100% onsite work.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Under the minimal direction of Sr. Director R&D, the Research Scientist will be responsible for performing the laboratory based studies to generate the preclinical PoC datasets
• Support the candidate development and enable IND submissions for next generation of cell-based immune therapies.
• By employing state of the art gene editing techniques (such as CRISPR-mediated genome editing, viral vectors based genetic modification) and various mammalian expression systems, the candidate will define Client cell types for therapeutic candidate development.
• The successful individual will demonstrate subject matter expertise, deep scientific knowledge/execution drive, and the ability to critically evaluate scientific data required to move projects forward.
• The successful candidate will be responsible for experimental data generation and analysis, interpretation and documentation, including regular report and paper generation, presentation of research progress, both written and oral.
• Key member of the team responsible for the development of Client, disruptive cellular immunotherapy concepts and next generation of cellular therapy product candidates, based on the existing proprietary CCT platforms.
• Design and implement experiments, perform data analysis and interpretation for the discovery and development of Client cell based cancer immunotherapeutics.
• Generate the preclinical PoC, go/no-go decision and IND enabling datasets for Client cell based immunotherapy candidates.
• Maintain cutting edge knowledge and provide expertise in all scientific and technical areas relevant for the discovery and development of cell-based immunotherapeutics.
• As a scientifically rigorous innovator, contribute Client ideas and provide solutions for the achievement of R&D objectives.
• Provide written and oral scientific progress reports to the Sr. Director, Executive Management, generate scientific publications and intellectual property applications, as required.
• Maintain laboratory records and electronic files to support experimental studies and intellectual property development.
• Assist in training new staff members as required.
• Work in cross-functional teams and assist other staff members as necessary to complete divisional goals as required.
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment in accordance with policies/procedures and OSHA safe laboratory practices, as well as contribute to the operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
• PhD in Immunology or Cellular & Molecular Immunology or Cellular & Molecular Biology, with 2+ years post-doc experience
KEY WORDS = Immunology or molecular immunology
• Demonstrated expertise of a wide range of in vitro cellular and biochemical assays, including cell isolation and culture, molecular biology, cellular immunology assays and familiarity with in vivo models of immune disease or oncology are required
• Experience in immune based and/or cell based therapy development preferred.
• Track record of success as evidenced by a strong publication record, and/or, evidence of sustained contributions in the biopharmaceutical industry
• Proven track record of scientific approach to complex problem solving, able to anticipate problems at project level and interpret contingency plans, identifies solutions and strategies, and implements appropriate scientific actions
• Knowledge, research and / or product development experience in immune and/or cell based therapies
• Proven ability to derive Client insights from complex data
• Comprehensive knowledge of cancer biology, target selection, target screening, immunotherapy, state of the art genetic engineering techniques in both cell lines and primary cell cultures, and mammalian expression vectors
• Ability to interpret and summarize scientific data in an accurate, critical and concise manner
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, required
• Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels and regulatory agencies, when necessary
• Must be goal oriented with the ability to work independently, ability to handle multiple tasks, and ability to prioritize
• Knowledge of laboratory research software applications is required. Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowePoint is essential
Apply by creating/using an account