Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Title: Data Modeler / Analyst / Architect
Duration:-4 months w/a possibility to extend
Skills / Prerequisites:
• Experience developing detailed logical data models along with mapping to physical systems at a project or solution level and linking back to higher level models if they exist.
• Expert knowledge of Data Modeling patterns and experience applying them in practical scenarios.
• 3-5 years of experience in pharma or life science industry. Exposure to Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry processes and technology solutions is preferred.
• 5-8 years of hands-on and agile/iterative data modeling experience developing Conceptual and Logical data models at a business area or function level
• Experience with entity/relationship, dimensional, and canonical (integration messaging hub) modeling needed.
• Ability to forward engineer and reverse engineer data models across levels.
• Experience using a data analysis and profiling method of modeling, creating models using information gathered through profiling and analysis of potential data sources
• Ability to work in an agile and dynamic environment where data models are developed iteratively based on multiple conversations with SMEs (including IT proxies to business) using a very visual, feedback driven approach.
• Hands-on ability to organize the data models, business terms, definitions and other metadata as per the standards.
• Preferred – experience with Embarcadero ER Studio data modeling tools as well as ability to effectively use and configure the ER Studio Repository and Team Server. Best practice recommendations on using ER Studio a big plus.
• Preferred – experience with ASG Rochade metadata repository including associating models with physical structures. Best practice recommendations on using Rochade a big plus.
• Preferred – experience with Informatica IDQ (Informatica Data Quality) for data profiling
• Preferred - experience establishing data modeling best practices and standards within a department, function or organization.
• Preferred - Experience developing business process models
Must have ability to: a) effectively interact (verbal, writing and presentation) with business and IT leaders, ask effective questions to understand context and process that impact information and articulate value of data modeling/architecture and gain buy-in; b) proven ability to collaborate with multiple IT and business stakeholders in agile and iterative manner; and participate in discussions to define/understand the problem, gather relevant information and document key findings and recommendations; c) work independently tracking down people and documentation needed.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop logical and canonical (data integration messaging) models for strategic projects using data profiling and analysis, standard data model patterns, leveraging previously developed artifacts, and industry standard models
• Map and document logical models to physical data implementations
• Implement pragmatic data modeling standards and best practices across organization and establish process to enforce them across data architect community in Client
• Help to develop and implement best practices in use of modeling and metadata tools
Apply by creating/using an account