Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Local candidates only.
The available position is for a Network Operation's Center (NOC) Tier 2 Network engineer to support a long-tenured Client major enterprise Fortune 100 customer. The candidate will be supporting data center service technologies with a focus on F5 load balancers. The position will be located on-site in Seattle, WA due to the requirements of the position. The engineering resource for this role will be conducting network engineering changes as well as troubleshooting technologies already deployed within the data center.
The Network Operations Center provides full 24x7 enterprise wide network monitoring, operations analysis, support, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Tier 1-2 network services and incidents across multiple platforms. Candidate will interface with multiple technologies and partner with both on-shore and off-shore technical teams (Operations Network Engineering, Strategy and Architecture, Transition PMO, etc., and many suppliers).
Supporting this client's environment will be an exciting opportunity for any prospective candidate as it has been well-established with some of the finest technologies and supporting personnel within Client. The primary responsibility of the of a Tier 2 NOC Network Engineer will be to ensure all facets of the data center services are meeting/exceeding requirements set by Client and the customer. This responsibility will be shared with a team of other Tier 2 NOC Network Engineering counterparts.
Primary Job Functions:
• Responsible for the success of data center services. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Provide operational support (24x7) for the network environment – quickly resolve high priority, impactful issues throughout the life cycle.
• Own and manage all NOC incidents and requests from inception through resolution
• Executes operational/maintenance jobs and activities.
• Assist staff and Network Engineers with operational work assignments and implementation of new controls, monitors, adjustment of thresholds and other operational support assignment consistent with the needs of the business.
• Execute operational jobs and activities.
• Will troubleshoot and resolve 85% of all network incidents. Escalate remaining 15% of issues to senior engineers and managers.
• Document incident and problem details in real time.
• May assist Tier 3 Network Engineers or Strategy and Architecture with the implementation of new technologies or updates to existing infrastructure.
• May perform with release management activities including patching, firmware updates and other related activities.
• May be asked to take actions such as: shutting down ports, blocking traffic, implementing and troubleshooting firewall rules, failing over firewalls, etc.
• Participate in the implementation of new network monitors, scripts and controls.
• Develop strong working relationships with peers, collateral support teams, and customers.
• Create, update and maintain operational "run books " and other documentation artifacts.
• Develop and evolve operational procedures, KPI's and other key network measurement benchmarks.
• Comfortable working in a NOC or operations center environment.
• Facilitate knowledge transfer to service and network operations personnel.
• Respond promptly and accurately to complaints, inquiries and requests for information and coordinates appropriate follow-up.
• Document observed anomalies and brings such findings to the attention of WDC network engineers.
• Update all service request tickets and outage documentation with a reasonable degree of detail.
• Apply all work instructions as related to the use of the incident/problem management system - all work conducted on assigned operational tasks must be detailed within the management tool.
• Maintain knowledge of industry best practices regarding network operations management.
• Meet or surpass defined SLA's for defined commitments.
• Performs other job duties as assigned.
Education / Experience:
• BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Engineering or Business related field or 7+ years of professional, NOC related experience in a large, global company.
• Experience with supporting multiple data center technologies from multiple vendors
• Requires at least 1 active F5 Certification (F5-CA (BIG-IP Admin), F5-CTS – LTM, F5-CTS – GTM, etc.)
• 2+ years of hands on admin and change experience with F5 load balancer technologies
• Additional Pluses:
• 2+ years of hands on admin and change experience with firewall technologies – Juniper, Checkpoint, CISCO, Palo Alto, etc.
• 5+ years' progressive data communications experience in WAN/MAN/LAN/Wi-Fi/Data Center operational support, configuration, evaluation, incident resolution, problem management, and project management experience in a 24x7x365 support environment.
• 5+ years' experience in day-to-day support of enterprise-scale, complex network environments
• Working knowledge of DNS/DHCP, load-balancers, Wan Accelerators, and other network technologies.
• Experience with zoning firewall environments with an ability to work with VAP groups.
• Knowledge of and experience with major routing protocols like RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, BGP, RMTP, OSPF, etc., and telecommunications connectivity including MPLS, Private Line, Metro Ethernet, Site-to-Site VPN, and Internet.
• 3+ years with major routing/switching, firewall and load balancing technologies.
• Expert level knowledge of TCP/IP and other network services required to run a complex network.
• 3-5 years of experience in either a large IT shared services organization or outsourced environment.
• 3+ years' experience in the utilization of data communications test equipment and network management systems (e.g., sniffers, Wireshark, OPNET, NetScout, ReliaTel, NAGIOS, and software based management systems such as OpenView, SevOne, Smarts, Riverbed CMC, JunOS Space, NetBrain, NetCool, etc.) a plus.
• ITIL V3 Foundation's Certified
• Bi-lingual with English being one of the core languages
• Master's degree
• Juniper knowledge/certification
• Must be a strong independent contributor who is a team player capable of mentoring and helping their peers to resolve complex data center problems. The candidate will be escalated to by both Client and customer representatives to address current or future needs in their area of responsibility
• Sound knowledge of F5 load balancers
• Sound knowledge and understanding of all types of LAN environments (equipment hardware, software and cabling environment to support Ethernet, single mode and multi-mode fiber optics, CISCO Nexus, ASR, F5, Juniper, MacAfee, etc.).
• Knowledge and experience with ITIL concepts, Incident, Problem and Change Management.
• Ability to effectively communicate issues, remediation plans and status on major issues occurring within the data center
• Expert troubleshooting skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work with a wide array of technical and managerial personnel to resolve complex problems.
• Ability to direct and interact during major outages and/or initiatives
• Ability to utilize Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
• Ability to work shifts, perform on-call, including weekends and holidays
• Travel requirements are not expected for this role
• Ability to interface with non-IT savvy business partners as well as technical staff
• Ability to articulate challenges effectively to Client and customer executives
• Ability to construct action plans and provide oversight to ensure delivery
• Candidate will possess a high-level of written, verbal & presentation & skills
• Responsible to meet directed deadlines and excellent attention to detail
• Self-starter with excellent time management skills
• Team player at all levels
Apply by creating/using an account