Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
The project manager manages external customer projects and/or internal projects with the objective of executing the project to meet the required standard of quality (time, budget, functionality), ensuring business success and professional stakeholder management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the successful execution of assigned project efforts, following the guidelines and processes documented in the Client Project Management Methodology.
• Ensures all Quality Gate and project reporting requirements are met and reports significant variations from agreed plans to appropriate management and project stakeholders.
• Implements and manages project change, including following change management process requirements documented in the Client Project Management Methodology.
• Manages internal and external customer expectations and performs escalations as needed and defined as part of the project communications management plan.
• Provides complete, timely, and accurate information as needed to gauge the progress and health of the project, both in formal written status reports as well as in other verbal and written communications. Subjective assessments will be provided honestly, based upon sound judgment, and held to commonly accepted project management criterion.
• Prepares final reports describing overall performance and conducts Lessons Learned sessions to document project successes and improvement areas. Shares best practices and lessons learned with peers to enhance overall Client project delivery.
• Manages resources and resolves issues to ensure the completion of the project within the time frame outlined in the approved project plan.
• Utilizes appropriate project management tools (i.e. Microsoft Project) to manage projects and report status.
• Responsible for tracking and reporting key deliverables on large projects, cost and schedule development, and risk analyses, to support sound project budgeting, under senior PM supervision as appropriate.
• Prepares, gains management approval of, and manages to the assigned project budget.
• Interfaces with the appropriate Operations or Finance Management to accurately support timely expense recognition or accruals.
• Works with project team members and subcontractors to assure that all work is accurately documented within the project plan and other tools, and that associated costs are forecasted to management. Escalates any significant negative deviation from the approved budget to management.
• Manages third party service providers and ensures that service provides meet their obligations (as required by subcontract agreements) to successfully execute the project plan.
• Assures that internal and/or external customers are satisfied with the project team's work product.
• Responsible for overseeing the on-going mentorship of the staff assigned to the project.
• Responsible for the successful execution of projects and has managerial authority and responsibility for projects as follows:
• For all the members of the project team while assigned to the project
• To establish project objectives for the team members
• To provide performance feedback to the members of the project team
• Manage the work schedule of the team members when appropriate
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
• Able to quickly adapt to changing situations. Demonstrate flexible thinking when making decisions. Deal well with ambiguity.
• Able to demonstrate and apply a broad knowledge of specialized field and/or multiple disciplines to ensure successful completion of complex assignments.
• Able to efficiently and effectively find answers to questions. Establishes key contacts and leverages existing knowledge and tools to complete assignments.
• Able to gather facts and asks appropriate questions to resolve problems based on sound judgment. Knows when and how to escalate issues in a professional manner. Takes responsible and sound risks when appropriate.
• Able to positively influence the behavior of others. Can take charge when appropriate. Able to adapt leadership styles according to project environment..
• Exhibits flexibility and objectivity in working with others to meet common objectives and organizational goals. Effectively communicates project information to clients and internal management.
• Can effectively manage competing priorities and demands.
• Able to coordinate various elements of a project.
• PMP Certification may be required.
• PM@Client Certification may be required.
PHYSICAL JOB DEMANDS
Travel required (less than 10%). Sitting for long periods of time, significant keyboarding and computer based activities.
Apply by creating/using an account