Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
• Assists in planning, implementing, and troubleshooting complex network topologies including data, voice, security, video, and wireless networks.
• Experience in all aspects of security of network devices, servers, and desktops leading up to remediating security vulnerabilities across all networking and system platforms
• Experience in performing security assessments and testing coupled with researching exploits and vulnerabilities, reading security community sites and blogs and be security minded
• Experience in routing protocols including BGP, IGRP, EIGRP, and OSPF
• Experience in TCP/IP, VPLS, VLANs, Trunks, and Ether Channel
• Experience in the configuration and maintenance of Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls (IOS and NX-OS)
• High skill level with mastery of most operating systems commands/utilities
• Demonstrated experience with storage technologies and converged network products.
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency in process automation
• Demonstrated experience implementing multiple security policies and procedures
• Capable of resolving complex software and hardware problems
• Assists with the design, implementation, and management of disaster recovery infrastructure, policy and procedures, and business continuity plans
• Assists with highly complex, integrated solutions to meet business requirements or enhance performance.
• Troubleshoot network systems and application performance with the use of packet capture and protocol analysis.
• Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
• Assists in performing and evaluating cost analyses and vendor comparisons for large scale projects to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations. Measures feasibility of various approaches and makes recommendation(s). Ensures adherence to model created and overall budgetary guidelines
• Assists in providing escalated, highly complex technical support to client by investigating and resolving network-related matters of significance
• Assists in advanced methods, theories and research techniques in the investigation and solution of the complex network requirements and problems. Develops training tools and documentation; oversees implementation of all network related projects
Other Skills and Qualifications
• Strong communication skills to communicate network/systems issues and resolutions to management
• Provide network diagnoses and resolution for current networks/systems
• Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Implementation
• Strong documentation skills (Word, Excel, Visio, Project)
• Strong organization skills to prioritize work, balance and lead complex projects
• Good interpersonal skills to interact with customers, senior level personnel, subordinates, and team members
• Ability to integrate complex hardware and software systems
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Minimum certifications/educational level:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or MIS or comparable experience
• CCNA Cisco certified (preferred but not required)
Other qualifications preferred but not required
• Experience with Juniper Firewalls
• Experience with Riverbed WAN appliances
• Experience with Load Balancing technologies (Citrix NetScalers)
• Experience with Enterprise Wi-Fi (Ruckus Wireless a Plus) configuration and maintenance
• Experience with VoIP Network Solutions
• Experience with Cisco Nexus switches (2k, 5k, 4500)
• 5+ years of experience as a Network Engineer in an enterprise environment
• 5+ years of related experience with networking technologies (Cisco/Juniper)
• 5+ years of related experience with security technologies (Firewall/IDS/IPS)
• 1+ year of related experience with WAN Optimization technologies (preferably Riverbed)
• Excellent organizational, written, and oral communications skills a must
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
• Ability to work shift work, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
• Ability to work flexible schedules as needed
• Experience working within a financial company a plus.
Apply by creating/using an account