Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
The Protein Homeostasis Thematic Center of Excellence (PH TCOE) is seeking a highly motivated Senior Associate Scientist with experience in immunology-based assays to participate in drug discovery research with a particular focus on protein homeostasis as it applies to the Immune-Oncology field. The successful candidate will work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment to design and execute in vitro studies to further our understanding of the immunomodulatory effects of our Client compounds. Responsibilities include the development of primary cell and cell-line based co-culture assays to support target validation, mechanism of action, and biomarker selection. The responsibilities further include the profiling of Client compounds in cell-based assays to drive biomarker identification for several research programs. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with discovery project teams and scientists across the PH TCOE functional areas and to present his or her work at project team meetings and to the senior research leadership.
Responsibilities (will include, but are not limited to):
- Plan and execute scientific experiments
- Analyze and interpret scientific data
- Maintain primary and cancer cell lines and conduct routine cell culture tasks
- Conduct various routine cell based assays to characterize drug compounds
- Accurately maintain written reports and organize data
- Present data in team meetings
- Review current literature pertaining to relevant projects
1. Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline with at least 8 years industry experience or Master's degree with at least 6 years industry experience. Open to receiving PhD candidates.
2. Practical experience in, and a solid understanding of basic cell biology, immunology, and assay development.
3. Extensive experience with mammalian cell culture (primary cells and cell lines) using single cells and co-culture cell models. Experience using single compound treatment and combination treatment studies is essential.
4. Expertise with a variety of cell-based assay technologies including antibody-based detection methods (e.g. Western, ELISA, immunoprecipitation), cell imaging (immunofluorescence, Incucyte, Cellomics), cell phenotyping technologies (e.g., flow cytometry) and functional assays such as cell cycle and apoptosis
5. Experience with molecular biology techniques such as RNAi and/or CRISPR, RT-PCR, and lenti-viral work is a plus.
6. Experience with the use of HTP/HCS and automation instruments is a plus.
7. Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration and organizational skills are required as well as the ability to independently design, execute, and trouble-shoot experiments through completion.
8. Data analysis skills and experience with a variety of scientific software applications are required.
9. The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter, be motivated to apply his/her skills to meet diverse project needs, and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment.
Expert knowledge & demonstration of technical field.
Generally independent in carrying out laboratory operations.
Solid understanding of relevant scientific principals.
Viewed as technically experienced and valued resource within department.
Able to identify scientific and technical problems and potential solutions.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Execute experiments independently.
Interpret and discuss data.
Familiar with literature.
Role models for other scientists.
Communicate via meetings and reports.
Responsible for the completion of assignments that have an impact on functional goals.
Able to coordinate CRO services.
Viewed as an experienced resource within their department.
Provides input into experimental designs.
Creativity and Problem Solving:
Improves efficiency and productivity within group or project.
Understands departmental goals and development processes.
Able to more fully interpret results and situations independently and articulate recommendations for resolution with strong scientific arguments.
Recognizes risks and develops contingency plans.
Teamwork and Influence:
Communicates with peers and supervisors.
Begin to contribute to the achievement of workgroup/team goals.
Key contributor to collaborative efforts.
Has a direct impact on department sub team or project team performance.
Impact is achieved by helping lead workgroup(s).
Acts with integrity Analysis of issues
Building relationships Coaching and developing others
Delivers presentations Develops systems & process
Fosters open communication Influence others
Innovates Manages execution
Planning Use sound judgment
Apply by creating/using an account