Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Scope and Responsibilities:
As a DNS Systems Engineer you will be responsible for the following tasks: - Strong working knowledge of IPAM technologies.
- Working knowledge of Windows 2012r2/2008R2 operating systems.
- Functional working knowledge of Active Directory in an enterprise environment.
- Strong skills/competencies and knowledge of DNS/DHCP.
- Interface with external subject matter experts and industry leaders to evolving our core IPAM and DNS foundation.
- Interface with internal Security Governance.
- Experience providing 2nd and 3rd level support of large DNS infrastructures.
- Manage daily operations tasks related to DNS/DHCP.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with a "can do attitude capable of overcoming difficult challenges.
- Identify opportunities to innovate, extend and enhance service delivery within the DNS/DHCP/IPAM Services space.
- Act as a team player through various project roles related to DNS/DHCP.
- Excellent communications skills including proven experience effectively communicating technical challenges and solutions to peers, customers and clients. - Runbook validation, Oncall Rotation, Incident and Change management tasks related to DNS/DHCP/IPAM, etc.
- Installing, maintaining, and administering the software, server, and network components that make up the DHCP/DNS infrastructure.
The Engineer would evaluate client requirements and provide support related to DNS/DHCP network implementations and operations.
- Work with a team of Engineers who currently support the DNS/DHCP Infrastructure and provide oncall rotational support within that team.
- Upgrade and maintain the QIP IP Address Management system\.
Research problems escalating where necessary to the QIP system vendor and apply fixes.
- Update and support the management of clients Internal DNS.
- Maintain and support DNS Servers.
- Monitor the performance and capacity of DNS/DHCP system components to ensure zero interruptions to the DNS and DHCP network services
- Provide support for DNS/DHCP related network problems for installations that occur after hours, including nights and weekends.
- Work with clients to determine and provide administration and support of the DNS/DHCP features that are necessary for business environments.
- Provide process documentation for other individuals whose duties involve creating, updating, or deleting DNS and DHCP objects.
- Develop problem determination documentation for troubleshooting recurring problems.
- The position has daily responsibility for managing assigned work and problems including status tracking, coordination of services and communication with vendors, internal support groups, the client, departmental administrators, and management.
- The position is responsible for insuring all activities are in compliance with internal policies, procedures, and standards.
- 5+ years of experience working with DNS/DHCP/IPAM Solutions.
- Working knowledge of Client QIP/Bluecat/Infoblocks a plus.
- Must show a progressive advancement in responsibility including troubleshooting technical skills.
- Conceptual DNS/DHCP Infrastructure design experience.
- Knowledge of AD Sites and Services. - Working knowledge of DNS, DHCP, WINS - Experience in prevailing industry ITIL process a plus.
- Service Now experience a plus.
- Experience with infrastructure and server operations; application infrastructure and standards; networking fundamentals; Windows; Clustering ; Physical Server architecture; Virtualization Technologies (e.g. VMware, HyperV) and LAN/WAN/Firewall/VPN network technologies.
- Ability to translate technical issues into understandable business language for end users.
- Develops, documents, and enforces the standards, security procedures, and controls for access to ensure system integrity
- Scripting capabilities a plus.
Apply by creating/using an account