Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
The focus of a business analyst is to understand the business environment of the
business area being supported. They facilitate work between business and IT groups
to ¿translate¿ requirements and enable creation of value added IT solutions.
· With direction and support of Account Management facilitate discussions to help
business anticipate future needs and opportunities
· Identify problems and prospects by performing independent research
and assessing best practices. Understand and communicate where
technology can help.
· Work with Account Managers to raise new project proposals and mandates.
Support definition of the business case.
· Collaborate with Account Manager and business lead to determine
scope, goals and objectives
· Guide the business lead to definite business value and associated
· Quantify risks and return on investment with Account Managers.
· Conduct assessments of processes and data to detail requirements.
· Interview business partners, organize and run requirements sessions
with groups of users.
· Analyze and model relevant business processes, rules and data
relationships. Document ¿as is¿ process.
· Lead the project team in designing a ¿to be¿ process. Demonstrate the
impact of procedures and their effect on the organization. Critically review
and recommend changes to processes in part or in their entirety.
· Capture a common vocabulary. Develop use cases.
· Determine data flows and sources, identify data conversion or migration
needed to support goals and uses in a process.
· Lead authoring of the user requirements document.
· Ensure the business aligns processes (SOPs) with the system functionality
· Collaborate with Application Architect and business lead to investigate and define
solutions that deliver business value.
· Work with the application architect to document a proposed project
approach. Define and assess the application landscape. Outline
feasibility analysis or studies.
· As needed, support software package evaluation. Collaborate with
application / solution architect to identify potential packages and
vendors to review with the team, define selection criteria, lead authoring
of an RFP (request for proposal), review prototypes.
· Contribute to the creation of the functional specifications, design
specifications, and consult on conceptual design reviews.
· Provide strong contribution to the business lead as they prepare for
implementation of new systems and introduce or drive change in an organization.
· For new systems, help define goals and objectives of service level
agreements (SLAs), including performance expectations.
· Contribute to outlining performance qualification testing and validation
· Guide the business on creating key messages to be used in change
management plans and training material content.
· Collaborate to define deployment and business value metrics that can be
used to indicate successful roll out and use of new technology.
· In production system environments, contribute as needed to assessing
requirements for software upgrades/ version releases and ensure alignment with
business processes or contribute to their evolution. Support Application Service
Management in assessing causes or trends in change requests.
· May manage small to mid-sized projects.
Apply by creating/using account