Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Actual Job Title = Associate Scientist
Typical Daily Work Hours = 8am to 5pm (some flexibility in start/end times)
Candidates should be open to working Weekends (likely just for a few hours on occasion) &/or OT work (which is rare) if necessary.
100% onsite work.
Client is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to Client and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture. The key therapeutic platforms currently under investigation leverage a broad range of biological activities that allow for the development of Client paradigm-changing therapeutics. Our discovery research teams are organized into four Thematic Centers of Excellence (TCoE), including Protein Homeostasis, Epigenetics, Immuno-oncology and Inflammation & Immunology. Within each these areas, discovery research, translational research, and early clinical development are integrated into a single team.
The Protein Homeostasis TCoE is built on our legacy IMiD compounds, which exhibited therapeutic efficacy in erythema nodosum leprosum, myelodysplastic syndrome, multiple myeloma, as well as systemic lupus erythematosus. This class of drugs triggers the degradation of disease-causing proteins that are otherwise considered "untruggable”. The early drug discovery team in the PH TCoE is now seeking a full-time associate scientist to assist the development of Client small molecular agents targeting Client protein substrates for degradation to treat a variety of human diseases. The successful candidate will utilize state-of-art biotechnology tools to identify Client substrates and perform target validation for the relevant disease indication. The successful candidate will work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment, and will have the opportunity to work closely with discovery project teams and scientists across the PH TCoE functional areas and to present his or her work at project team meetings and to the senior research leadership.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Perform high-throughput protein-protein interaction and protein degradation screens
• Generate stable cancer cell lines via retroviral or lentiviral transduction
• Conduct various cell based assays to characterize drug candidates
• Data QC and upload into database
• Plan and execute scientific experiments related to one or more programs
• Design research protocols in collaboration with the principal investigator
• Assist senior researchers in executing, conducting analysis and reporting results
• Maintain an accurate, comprehensible, current laboratory journal
• Train others on new skills and procedures
• Communicate results in written and oral presentations
• Write protocols, procedures and technical reports
• PLEASE FOCUS ON candidates high-throughput screening experience, and uploading data into database, as well as molecular biology skills,
• Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline with at least 5 years research experience or Master's degree with at least 3 years research experience; experience in biotech industry is preferred.
• Extensive experience with cellular high-throughput screens and database uploading is highly desired
• Extensive wet-lab experience in biochemistry, molecular and cell biology
• Highly motivated and strong team player with a high degree of independence
• Innovative and critical thinking
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Works relatively independently on assigned tasks.
• Makes suggestions on improvements to existing tasks.
• Assists colleagues on their field of expertise.
Creativity and Problem Solving:
• Goes beyond following procedures by seeking opportunities to improve efficiency and productivity.
• Fix the unexpected potential problems.
• Scientist at this level will differentiate themselves by creativity and innovation.
Teamwork and Influence:
• Communicates with peers and supervisors.
• Contributes to the achievement of workgroup/team goals.
• Contributes to some collaborative efforts.
• Has a direct impact on workgroup performance.
• Impact is achieved by driving workgroup results.
• Commitment to quality • Demonstrates adaptability
• Develops oneself • Drive for results
• Effective speaking • Fosters teamwork
• Listens to others • Prepares written communications
• Shows work commitment • Uses functional/technical expertise
• Works efficiently
Apply by creating/using account