Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Job Description: UPDATE 10/3/17:
the combination of key skills that I am looking for are:
1) Mammalian cell culture (primary and immortalized cell lines)
2) Assay development (ELISA, AlphaLISA, HTRF, DELFIA, Flow Cytometry, High Content Imaging)
3) Experience with automation and liquid handling (Biotek Plate Washer, BioMek NX/FX, Janus, Hamilton, Multidrop, ECHO, Envision Plate Reader)
(We are NOT looking for candidates with experience in molecular biology including DNA preparation, PCR or protein chemistry experience e.g HPLC, western blot, SDS PAGE.
Candidates with molecular biology/protein chemistry experience do not fit the requirements of this position)
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to provide bench support within an established team that performs high throughput screening for the generation and identification of Client biotherapeutics. The role of the assay development scientist is to provide support for all aspects in the development of existing and new biochemical and cell-based assays. The successful individual will work closely with the assay development team and thrive in a fast-paced, team environment. Qualified candidates will assist in assay development for high-throughput capacity through the use of robotics, liquid handlers and relevant screening platforms. Prior experience with robotics and liquid handling systems is preferred but not required.
• Perform mammalian cell culture, cell-bank expansion and quality control testing of cell lines
• Perform established biochemical and cell-based assays in high-throughput format
• Assist in the development of new biochemical and cell-based assays
• Analyze experimental data, produce experimental report summaries and present results at internal meetings.
• Assist assay team members in performing high-throughput screens and hit identification
• Assist with the maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment
• Assist team by managing stocks of reagents and consumables
• Ensure all tasks and responsibilities are performed according to scientific and ethical standards and accurately documented in lab notebook.
The successful individual will work within the department of BioMedicine Design (BMD). He/She will work and collaborate with other BMD members during regular position responsibilities. Collaboration with Pharmaceutical colleagues within other Research Units and Partner Lines may be required.
• Cell culture expertise (primary and immortalized cell lines)
• Basic knowledge in assay development methodologies
• Hands-on experience in assay development of biochemical and cell-based systems & technologies. Examples such as ELISA, DELFIA, HTRF, FLIPR, Flow Cytometry
• A highly motivated, bench scientist with the ability to multitask, prioritize work and manage multiple projects
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and succeed in a fast paced work environment
• Attention to detail performing lab work and in writing SOPs
• Exceptional communication skills
• Be forward thinking, innovative and embrace new technologies
Preferred Technical Skills
• Prior experience with high-throughput screening, automation and liquid handling platforms is preferred but not required
• Industry experience is a plus
• Experience with performing transient transfections and CRISPR technology is plus
Apply by creating/using account