Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Actual Job Title = SENIOR Research Associate (Qualified candidates must have over 3 years of post-graduate (BS) research experience. Please don't send candidates with PhD degree.)
Typical Daily Work Hours = 8am-5pm (some flexibility in start/end times), so 9am-6pm is OK, too
Candidates must be open to Weekend & OT work (happens on average about once per month)
100% onsite work.
Position Title: SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE (SRA)
The early drug discovery team in the Protein Homeostasis Thematic Center of Excellence (PH TCoE) is seeking a SRA (1-year contractor) to assist the characterization of Client drug candidates for the treatment of various cancers. Specific job duty includes the following: 1) assist the development of a high-throughput CRISPR platform; 2) utilize this platform to determine the therapeutic relevance of Client oncology targets, and to identify sensitive and resistant cancer types; 3) utilize molecular and genetic approaches to delineate the mechanism of antitumor activities of Client drug candidates. The successful candidate will work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment, and will have the opportunity to work closely with discovery project teams and scientists across the PH TCoE functional areas.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan and execute scientific experiments related to multiple research programs
- Design research protocols in collaboration with senior researchers
- Assist senior researchers in executing, conducting analysis and reporting results
- Familiarity with literature and internal best practices to identify opportunities to improve productivity and quality of work
- Maintain cancer cell lines and establish stable cell lines via lentiviral transduction
- Conduct routine molecular and cellular experiments including DNA/RNA/protein extraction, RT-PCR, western blot analysis, immunoprecipitation, and flow cytometry
- Perform focused CRISPR screen
- Develop and conduct various cell based assays to characterize drug candidates
- Interprets data, troubleshoots and recommends corrective actions for routine problems
- Train others on new skills and procedures
- Maintain an accurate, comprehensible, current laboratory journal
- Communicate results in written and oral presentations
- Write protocols, procedures and technical reports
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline with OVER 3 years of POST-GRADUATE (BS) wet-lab research experience. Please don't send candidates with PhD degree.
- Experience with molecule cloning, DNA/RNA/protein extraction, RT-PCR, western blot analysis, immunoprecipitation, lentiviral/retroviral infection, cell line construction, and flow cytometry
- Knowledge of cancer biology
- Highly motivated and strong team player with a high degree of independence
- Innovative and critical thinking
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
Apply by creating/using account