Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
This position will report to the Client Network Services Director of Project Engineering and Planning, and will be responsible for a variety of activities and strategic efforts within the Network Engineering arena. The primary role will be to provide strategic and architectural direction with respect to Network Engineering for the THE CUSTOMER’S Data Network, including WAN, LAN, MAN, Wireless, Internet, DMZ, MPLS and others. The candidate will interact with the customer and vendors to gather requirements, solutions to meet emerging business needs. The candidate will be responsible for documenting those requirements and working with the team (customer, vendors, and internal engineers) to design, develop and oversee implementations that meet the customer’s requirements and maximize availability of those systems.
analysis of major technical options.
College degree from accredited university (Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science preferred). Technical certification in Computer Science, related telecommunications field and experience is also acceptable. CISSP (or equivalent) required, Cisco certification is highly desired. Other related experience would be considered.
• Network Security design, integration and operation experience – 10+ years
• Experience in security auditing and compliance assurance
• Knowledge of networking protocols
• Knowledge of Data Center design and architecture
• Knowledge of Active Directory
• Experience with Identity management tools and processes
• Knowledge of protocol Analyzers and computer forensics tools
• Knowledge of Firewalls, Proxies, and Load Balancers
• Knowledge of Router and Switch security protocol and policy
• Knowledge of SSH v2, IDS/IPS, NIDS/NIPS, A/V, NAC and PNAC
• Knowledge of PCI, SSAE 16, SOX, HIPAA regulations and compliance
• Very high analytical skills and an understanding of complex data
• Network/Availability Management Systems knowledge
• Ability to analyze, design and collaborate multiple layer protection architectures
• Research, recommend, and oversee implementation of new technology products
• Multi vendor security product knowledge; Cisco, Juniper, CheckPoint, Palo Alto, McAfee, etc...
• Knowledge of Qualys scanning, vulnerability assessment and remediation planning
• Understanding of network monitoring and management protocols (ie. SNMP, NetFlow, etc)
• Knowledge of Linux troubleshooting utilities
• Experience with incident response, case handling, and mitigation planning.
Excellent customer service skills
Exceptional written and verbal skills including presentation skills
Time Management & Multitasking
Confident – ability to interface with internal and external customers
Prepares, or makes a major contribution to, project and quality plans, cost benefit analyses and risk analyses, including plans incorporating sub-projects.
Optional Tasks - Takes responsibility for the definition, documentation and execution of complex projects, directing and counseling project team members, and advising clients/users as necessary on all phases. Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensures that delivered systems are implemented within agreed criteria.
Days to be Worked
Start Time (AM/PM)
End Time (AM/PM)
Is this a short-term assignment? (14 calendar days or less)
List Specific Onboarding Requirements
There are specific requirements for Short vs Long Term assignments. Please refer to the policy guidelines in the Reference Library on the Home page.
Apply by creating/using account