Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Attention Vendors: correct title is Contract Construction Engineer so please give it and the JD to the candidates before submitting them to the posting. ***Please do not submit Facilities Managers. We need Construction Engineers that have overseen projects. Thank you - Lisa Bradshaw
Initiates, manages and leads cross-functional/cross-site construction projects of medium to large scope and complexity at NJ sites.
• Develops project scope of work with assistance from the customer, architect and engineers
• Assists with developing bid documents/RFQs for A/E and contractor scope of work
• Develops capital acquisition requisition documentation as required.
• Prepares purchase requisitions for project work and tracks them through final payment. Tracks and monitors project spending against capital budget.
• Ensures project timeline is met, anticipates next steps, and coordinates with impacted groups, as required
• Facilitates project meetings, directs engineering firms and consultants, provides field supervision and equipment inspection.
• Performs technical analysis / assessment of new and proposed technologies to balance performance, cost and maintainability.
• Monitors project for quality control and safety issues.
• Reviews all project documentation for compliance to Client standards. Prepares all project closeout documentation.
• Provides expert knowledge and direction as Engineering site representative during interactions with all cross functional groups, as required.
• Participates in the forecasting of project and capital budgets.
Provides Engineering technical support and leadership to Corporate Services and their customers.
• Identifies problems, leads troubleshooting and provides solutions for site infrastructure systems.
• Supports corporate sustainability programs and initiatives through assistance with training and events. Incorporates energy saving and LEED initiatives into projects, when feasible.
Supports site asset management and preventive maintenance programs.
• Provides start up and commissioning documentation for all new equipment associated with projects
• Assists with creating new asset history information
• Initiates, guides and reviews the development and revision of required preventive maintenance procedures, work instructions and guidance documents for new equipment and processes.
Promotes and provides excellent customer service and support.
• Regularly reviews, prioritizes, coordinates and promptly responds to customer project and support requests.
• Provides expert technical support and guidance on facilities/project-related issues and provides key decisions and recommendations to senior management on courses of action, as required.
• Maintains a positive relationship with all the members of the Engineering department and site customers while promoting a positive team environment.
Promotes and maintains compliance with corporate, safety and regulatory policies.
• Maintains all required Corporate, Facilities and EHS training as required
• Champions adherence to and improvement of all safety procedures and hazard communication
Required Competencies-Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong understanding of building system design and construction in areas such as life-safety, lighting, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing
• Significant knowledge of architectural design and construction
• Strong working knowledge of building codes, NEC, NFPA, OSHA and other basic safety training.
• Strong knowledge of FDA / cGXP requirements impacting Facilities systems, equipment and instrumentation within the pharmaceutical industry.
• Knowledge of critical utility systems such as HVAC, plant steam, compressed air, vacuum, RO/DI water, compressed gas and emergency power systems
• Strong knowledge and experience with the operation of pharmaceutical laboratory, facilities and manufacturing systems
• Experience at coordinating outside contractors and managing resources in support of system and equipment upgrade, installation, start-up and commissioning
• Ability to interact effectively with laboratory, QA, and Facilities groups as well as senior management
• Maintains a high level of multi-tasking ability in conjunction with proven organizational skills. Strong ability to organize assigned tasks in a high paced environment and concurrently monitor tasks / assignments with others that may impact timely completion. Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and activities simultaneously
• Strong written and verbal communication skills along with excellent presentation skills. Proficient at writing well-formulated emails and reports. Ability to follow oral and written instructions, read and interpret engineering manuals/drawings relevant to the trade or assigned task. Ability to effectively communicate with employees, contractors and vendors. Strong experience with technical writing and document development / generation
• Exceptional leadership skills that encourages empowerment and ownership within the team and organization. Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor junior engineers as well as delegate tasks and responsibilities
• Ability to work independently with no supervision
• Intermediate estimating, budgeting and financial tracking skill
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel and Outlook, and the innate ability to learn new software as required.
• Technical / Professional Knowledge
• Problem Solving / Troubleshooting
• Project Management
• Decision Making
• Action Oriented
• Team Player / Building Relationships
• Active Listener
• Strategic Thinking
Education & Experience:
• BS degree in Engineering or closely related field or equivalent work
• Minimum 10 years of experience in project engineering management on a commercial or industrial site. Prefer 5 years experience on an FDA regulated site.
Physical / Mental Demands:
• Ability to sit, stand, walk and move within workspace for extended periods
• Ability to perform repetitive tasks including hand to finger manipulations, grasping, pushing and pulling
• Minimal travel in North America
• Environment may include working in office or on construction site
• Ability to work safely in an environment with hazardous, radioactive, and infectious materials and waste.
• Ability to work safely in an environment with exposure to high temperature / pressure steam, and other fluids, compressed gasses, odors, various noise levels, moving parts, vibration, wet/slippery areas and high voltage energy supplies
• Ability to work safely when working alone, or working with others.
Apply by creating/using account