Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply without Registering
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Designation : Developer – Application Support Specialist
Project Location: Lancaster, PA
Project duration : 6 months
Interview : phone and in-person
Job Summary : We are seeking an experienced Applications Support Specialist to help with support of innovative solutions for the Financial and HealthCare Markets. Responsibilities will include a heavy emphasis on support of internal applications that support manufacturing and generating Postscript code to drive variable digital print devices.
• 2-5 years of application support experience.
• Knowledge of SQL Server is required.
• Experience with FoxPro, C#, ASP or ASP.net, PostScript or GMC Inspire, XSLT, and XML is a plus.
• Exposure to database design is desirable.
• Desktop experience including PDF & Postscript manipulation skills are a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Excellent teamwork skills required.
• Work is typically performed under general supervision, receiving some guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed and how to complete some assignments. Able to exercise moderate level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks and prioritizing work. Work is typically completed by following established policies and procedures.
• Technical Support: Under general supervision, respond to and research and resolve routine to moderately complex issues with internal applications/systems and/or databases. Monitor applications/system and/or database performance, space requirements, data integrity, etc. Implement short term solutions for quick resolution of issues and begin to develop long term solutions to problems that occur. Performs backups where applicable and be on call with 24 hour support coverage when needed.
• Analysis/Design: Under general supervision, analyze routine to moderately complex software deployments to ensure that transition to production is seamless and without faults. Conduct maintenance programming to resolve any issues that are found. Additionally, analyze frequently occurring operational and performance issues with supported applications/systems and/or databases and assess what software re-development/enhancement/patch needs to occur to address issues. Design technical requirements, program specifications and flowcharts, (dataflows, jobflows, etc.), screens, files and reports for the solution.
• Coding: Develop and maintain code, apply structured programming techniques and adhere to coding standards. Use available utilities to simplify tasks, and develop and maintain file management modules. Apply object oriented development methodology in development efforts to effectively re-use code whenever possible. Participate in code walkthroughs.
• Testing: Coordinate, setup, and conduct integration testing to ensure that software meets the specifications and that deployment will have no issues with the other components of the application/system and/or database. Develop and execute unit and system test plans. Develops system test data and performs system, parallel and stress testing for the developed software enhancements.
• Communication: Provides input to peers, management and customers for recommendations and alternate solutions and/or improvements. Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to their peers, customers and management.
• Documentation: Document support issues and solutions. Prepare design documentation for all maintenance programming and/or re-development/enhancement/patches. Prepare and maintain deployment documentation for internal applications/systems/database and/or third party vendor packages.
• Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Job Knowledge and Skills • The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
• Able to demonstrate good problem-solving skills and appropriately apply proven solutions. Consistently deliver prescribed outcomes in a timely and accurate manner with appropriate guidance. Apply existing processes and procedures to solve problems and may receive guidance for problems that are non-routine.
• Able to apply general functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC or other technical tools to complete work assignments. May require knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn specialized software related to the position.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people when completing work assignments.
Apply by creating/using an account