Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Sunrise System Inc. is currently seeking Technical Writer in Houston, TX one of our top clients.
Job Title: Technical Writer
Location: Houston, TX
Duration: 4 Months Contract
Position Type: Hourly contract (on W2 basis only without benefits)
Must have a concentration in RSS or LWD
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide structured writing, editing, and formatting for all product line related documentation.
Identify, plan, and create content required to meet documentation needs.
Document and/or photograph assembly, disassembly, manufacture, and/or testing.
Study and understand technical documents such as blueprints, flow charts, and wiring diagrams
Research equipment design and functionality with subject matter experts, providing documentation support at each stage of the product development process.
Write installation, administration, deployment, quick start and other guides for online and print deliverables.
Review and test peer documentation for accuracy, grammar, clarity, and compliance with corporate style.
Research and translate technical information into manuals for non-technical and technical audiences.
Work with developers and subject matter experts to complete document deliverables.
Maintain documentation integrity through predefined, structured use of document management system.
Adhere to established documentation standards and styles.
Provide regular status reports to management for assigned projects.
Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of customer.
Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
* Effective business communication, including ability to work with multiple personalities in face-to-face meetings and through correspondence
* Ability to understand end-user knowledge levels and produce documentation to meets those needs
* Ability to gather and synthesize technical information efficiently
* Experience creating technical illustrations and annotated screenshots
* Meticulous attention to detail
* Expert-level knowledge of Word, Visio, Excel, LiveCycle, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and Photoshop
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong English grammar, proofreading, and editing skills
* Strong work ethic, accountability, motivation, and the desire to produce work that reflects the best of your ability.
* Working knowledge of Windchill or other help authoring tools
* Expert-level knowledge on Microsoft Office suite
* Experience using a version control system
* Experience writing SPE (or equivalent) technical papers
* Bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Writing, Journalism or related field
* Five or more years technical writing experience
* Three or more years ‘relevant experience’ preferably in the oilfield service sector.
* Five or more years ‘relevant experience’ in the oilfield service sector.
Apply on-line for immediate consideration, please send your updated resume and contact info via
Contact: Rashmi M
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 732 272 0331
Apply by creating/using account