Search for More Jobs
Forward job to a friend
Apply by creating/using an account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Job Description Summary
Responsibilities include: Under limited supervision, demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the activities performed related to engineering support, installation and/or operations of infrastructure technologies. Plans at a tactical level and manages the effective use of technology resources for assigned projects and functions. May direct assigned project staff to design, develop and/or implement large, complex technology solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology area. Develops and implements appropriate solutions that may involve multiple platforms, databases, software/hardware technologies and tools. Facilitates and/or participates in the design and development of database systems. Strong ability to multi-task in an environment of constantly changing priorities. This job is a team lead.
Primary Job Duties and Resp. (Essential Functions)
• Develops tactics and operational plans in alignment with strategic objectives for assigned technologies and projects.
• Drives the execution of departmental and corporate programs.
• Leverages infrastructure technology to develop and/or redesign technology solutions.
• Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community.
• Interacts with customers to achieve efficient, effective results.
• Manages delivery priorities consistent with business priorities and production availability requirements; manages expectations and communications accordingly.
• Seen as a technical expert within service delivery organization (SDO) and consults across SDOs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Has a master knowledge of tools and techniques required for area(s) of responsibility. Demonstrates self-motivation necessary to build proficiency in all aspects of the team’s technology portfolio. Maintains a general understanding of the business that the assigned projects are supporting. Develops solutions to meet business needs that reflect a clear understanding of the objectives, practices and procedures of the organization, and are in line with future technology direction.
• Creates an atmosphere where business partner issues are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner. Communicates openly and effectively in a manner consistent with the audience. Demonstrates an adaptive style that is flexible and effective in gaining cooperation of others. Anticipates and responds to management requests for information with timely, accurate findings.
• Demonstrates sound analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are not readily defined and/or conflict with available information. Knows where to obtain information needed to make the appropriate decisions. Breaks a problem down to manageable pieces and implements effective, timely solutions. Is very good at identifying the problem versus the symptom. Deals increasingly with problems that require involvement of others to solve. Has the ability to reach sound decisions quickly. Carefully evaluates alternative risks and solutions before taking action. Optimizes the use of all available resources.
• Maintains partnerships across the organization, and is able to influence senior management, peers, and staff through an inclusive style and recognition of their abilities to achieve results. The success of the team is above own interest.
• Manages functional objectives and priorities supporting multiple assigned business units. Responsibilities are assigned with latitude for setting priorities and decision-making using generally accepted guidelines. Results are reviewed with next level manager for clarification according to predefined objectives.
• Develops operational plans and provides resources estimation for task planning. Proposes action plans that are timely, realistic and positive. Sets appropriate goals for projects, and monitors progress against the plan.
• Understands the budget process, has input to it, and is responsible for cost-effective expense control of assigned projects. Is responsible for important and confidential information.
• A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, plus five years of experience in Technology required;
• Alternatively, a Master's degree in CS or a related field and three years of work experience in Technology
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
• Seven years of experience in Technology preferred.
• Two years of experience as a technical lead preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Database, Server, Storage etc. preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
• Working knowledge of:
o Foundational IT Infrastructure technologies (e.g. Network, Database, Server, Storage)
o Process discipline and IDLC methodology
• Expert knowledge in products related to:
o Video Broadcasting / Web Streaming (e.g. Kaltura, Qumu, VBrick, Winnov)
o Video Conferencing Services (e.g. Skype, Zoom, Teams, GoTo)
o Video Conferencing Devices (e.g. Polycom Trio, Microsoft Surface Hub)
o Digital Signage (e.g. AppSpace, MediaVue, Haivision)
• Demonstrated experience with:
o Product road-mapping & currency analysis / planning
o Lean / Agile methodologies
Location- Hartford, CT
Duration- 6 months contract to hire
firstname.lastname@example.org I Sunrise Systems Inc I 105 Fieldcrest Drive Suite 504 Edison, NJ 08837 I (732) 395-4426 I www.sunrisesys.com
You can also find me here!!!
Apply by creating/using an account